Hello from Western Mass!

protein anchor

Reaction score
Visit site
So here's my story. I was riding a 2008 KLR650 and then realized I needed some highway power - I'm 6-7 330 lbs (of pure man :D), so my choices were limited. I went to the shop - they had two 2008 FZ6s sitting there, Raven and Blue. I sat on it, liked it a lot. Then, I came across this site and learned a bit about the bike. I felt that it would be great for me on the highway based on your sites' descriptions.

You guys were right on! :rockon:

I am varying the RPMs and doing plenty of shorter runs (20 miles) with engine braking, etc. But, let me tell you, when I want to go - I GO! No worries of power now. I'm getting used to the bike now, I have about 130 miles logged including some interstate, still rarely going past 7000. There is power to spare here. There is a very steep hill on my way to work that is about 1 mile long, the bike pulls me perfectly, even in 5th and 6th gear. I am impressed! Not a problem around town either.

Anyway, below are some pics - the Raven is tough to keep clean, but I'll manage. I have a Puig racing screen ordered, although I must say, the stock WS does an admirable job. I also have black Cortech sportbag and Nelson-Rigg Mini tank bag as well. I opted for the Yamaha tank protector too, to keep my gut and jacket off the pretty black surface :D.

Anyway, I look forward to contributing to the forum. Thanks for helping me make the right choice!

IMG_0904.jpg

IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

IMG_0907-1.jpg

Last edited:

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome - I'm sure you'll continue to get more appreciation for the new bike as the break-in goes away. Keep an eye out for events in the NE regional forum as there's been at least a couple of organized ride.

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to one of the coolest forums ever. The people here are great and there's LOTS of cool information to be had. Ah love the black man. Wished I had the option as it would make things a lot easier for me since I'm going Street Fighter :D

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
nice bike, and welcome to the forum, I am happy to hear that you made the right decision. Also keep an eye out to the Northeast section, we are always trying to get a ride together.

Ride lots and post often!!!

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
welcome to the forum! maybe we'll see you around for some end-of-the-season get togethers.

the raven looks pretty sweet, too!

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
:welcome: to the forum. That's one awesome looking bike you've chosen. The FZ6's are great bikes, and they'll treat you well. As you've noticed, there are a lot of great people on this forum who share and give lots of good advice. Feel free to continue sharing your experiences and thoughts.

:D

X

githianki

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome from Eastern Mass!!! Nice ride!!! And it only gets better the more miles you put on it :thumbup:

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

protein anchor

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the welcomes everyone I appreciate it. :thumbup:

For those around the NE, I will indeed keep my eyes open to regional events, that would be a great time I'm sure.

Thanks again, I still have quite a bit to learn - nuances, maintenence, etc., I'm sure this site will be a great help. :rockon: