Hello from Hot'Lanta..

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I say we put a ride together. I've had a couple of minor issues with my bike recently, but it looks like I got it all worked out now, apart from needing a tire or two. I've got two buddies I ride with so I'll see if they're interested. One rides a cruiser, but it's a V4 750 so he can catch up OK on straights. I'm pretty slow, though. I'll try and upload a map of our last trip. Basically Hwy 9 N. To Turner's crossing, then 19 or 180 to Richard Russell Scenic Pkwy. It's a nice road to ride on, but it eats tires.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
We are planning something the first week of september but I might head up to north ga saturday for a little ride myself if anyone wants to tag along

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

BlueMoON

Reaction score
Visit site
I would still take it to a dealer or at least call one and get them to check for any other recals, I rode by metrocycles to have mine checked and he said that there were 3 recalls on it but they all had been done and they dont charge to check
Thanks ChevyFazer, I called 'em and my bike had TPS and sprocket nut recalls done last year. And there is nothing else that applies to her now...

The first time I went was with Mr_McBride and ChevyFazer. Long story short, I hit some gravel around a curve and slid off the road. I was only going about 25 MPH, but it still hurt (the bike and my pride more than anything else).
Ouch, I am glad you are fine ... GTPAddict - What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger :)... but I am really hoping for an incident free ride; and talking of incidents, there is nothing better than viewing the highlights from Island of Man TT [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxHzwWndtvk]The Spectacular T.T. (Crashes)(2of 4) IOM. TT (Isle of Man) Motorcycle Road Race - YouTube[/ame]

Welcome to the best forum on the net! Good color choice, if I do say so myself!
Thanks callmegandhi! That's a beautiful ride you got there.

BlueMoON

Reaction score
Visit site
I say we put a ride together. I've had a couple of minor issues with my bike recently, but it looks like I got it all worked out now, apart from needing a tire or two. I've got two buddies I ride with so I'll see if they're interested. One rides a cruiser, but it's a V4 750 so he can catch up OK on straights. I'm pretty slow, though. I'll try and upload a map of our last trip. Basically Hwy 9 N. To Turner's crossing, then 19 or 180 to Richard Russell Scenic Pkwy. It's a nice road to ride on, but it eats tires.

Awesome, it sure does look like we have a put a nice ride together...
So, in order to start finalizing things(please provide feedback):

Date: Saturday 09/03/2011
Meetup Location: Some where in Helen???
Meetup Time: 11am??

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
We are planning something the first week of september but I might head up to north ga saturday for a little ride myself if anyone wants to tag along

I'l like to. I'm taking my son and nephew to Social Circle for an event there on Saturday.

Awesome, it sure does look like we have a put a nice ride together...
So, in order to start finalizing things(please provide feedback):

Date: Saturday 09/03/2011
Meetup Location: Some where in Helen???
Meetup Time: 11am??

If it's all the same to everyone else, Sunday would be better for me but I should be able to make it Saturday if it can't be changed. When I met ChevyFazer and Mr_McBride we met at Riders Hill in Dahlonega. I can meet anywhere, this just seemed like a decent spot since they had a cafe and a bunch of cool bikes. 11:00 works for me, the earlier the better. Last time I went I got up there about 9 before the heat started up, but I left for home at about 12. Still had 1/2 the day to play with my boy :)

Looking forward to it!!!!

Last edited:

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Rider's Hill is a good place to meet. If Helen ends up being better somehow, Helen's Country Cafe has pretty good coffee. Kind of a sit-down place, though.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Dont matter to me either way I have a 1hr+ride to wherever but mike whatever we do decide we could meet at the varsity first and ride from there to n.ga

callmegandhi

IM4TH
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, welcome to the forum. I think the silver and black is probably the best looking one. Check and make sure you don't need the TPS recall done, though. You probably don't, but it's an important one. Mine is red, but I'm not generally picky about color.

I like the way you think!

BlueMoON

Reaction score
Visit site
Sunday 09/04/2011 is fine with me and looks like rest of the folks don't have a problem with it either.
the earlier the better
We can meet at 9:00 am if that's ok with everybody.

So, the preliminary details of the meetup and ride are as follows:

Date: Sunday September 4, 2011
Time: 9:00am

If we all agree on this, I will start a new thread for this ride...

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
Well sh!t, not gonna be able to make it that weekend now. We are going to Tennessee Saturday and won't be home until about 4 on Sunday. Y'all have a good time, I will join the next ride for sure!!

BlueMoON

Reaction score
Visit site
GTPAddict - That's a bummer, next time...

Well, I would say since GTPAddict is not available, we should shoot for a ride on Sat 09/03, same place, 10:00 am. And if the weather is not cooperative then move to Sunday, heck I am off on Monday as well... so that would work too...
What do you say ChevyFazer and mikw73? I can actually meet at Varsity as well and go from there...

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Actually, my cousin has invited the whole family over to see her new baby on Saturday, so I can't Saturday. But Monday should work for me if it does for you guys. I too had forgotten about it being a holiday weekend. That doesn't really make it the best time to ride, but most any weekend day with nice weather is a bit busy.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
So is anyone still interested in heading up that way this weekend I more then likely will be going sunday no matter what maybe monday too I would prefer to go saturday but will probably have to work

BlueMoON

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I was planning to go on Saturday for sure and then may be join the rest on Monday....

So ChevyFazer, if you can make it to Saturday then great otherwise let me know and I might postpone it to Sunday if you are 100% sure.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I just found out that they are shutting the plant down for the weekend so I will def be going saturday

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool if you feel like going sat shoot me a pm I think me and bluemoon are going for sure