Hello from Hot'Lanta..

BlueMoON

Reaction score
Visit site
I got myself an 04 FZ6 silver+black, 2+ months ago. And I love it (as I have put 3000+ miles on it already:)). To some extent like a typical guy, I like it because I think I got a good deal on it. Plus I have been looking for it for quite some time as I really like the color; I know most of the people here love their "fast" blue or red but I was really digging the silver+black (to each his own I guess..)

This forum is GREAT and I am way overdue in thanking everybody on this forum and their valuable input. I am in Atlanta (as if you didn't know that already) and interestingly I don't see any members from the (dirty) south on this forum.

The first thing I did was put Michelin pilot power tires in it. BD43's dual light then the FZR6's FE kit and recently (old-old) leo-vince exhaust, making it even more addictive.

The next three things to do are:
- puig racing wind screen; I am contemplating between the 'smoke' and 'dark smoke' screen.
- belly pan
- Givi luggage cases

Would really like to find fazer people around the area or passing by...

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
Hey man, welcome! I've had my FZ6 since May and have also put over 3000 miles on it - it is an addictive bike. I live in Lawrenceville and work in Tucker, my sister lives in Buckhead.

I may have a wind screen if you want a Puig racing screen. I bought one but haven't decided whether or not I like it. I', going to give it a week (until Wed.). If I still don't like it I'll put the old one back on sell this one.

BlueMoON

Reaction score
Visit site
Sure, let me know how it works out for you. And I am in buckhead myself.

Let me know if you want to meet up sometime. I haven't been to the North Georgia mountains on the bike yet :( although one of the first things I did was to get myself one those motorcycle route map from Helen ;).

And just an FYI, I tried this route Atlanta to Cloudland Canyon Motorcycle Ride Directions a couple of weeks ago but started pretty late in the day and had to return from half way but all in all turned out pretty good.

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
Here are a couple other sites you may find interesting...

Best scenic & twisty roads in Georgia for motorcyclists, sports car drivers, tourists, and other travelers.

Greatest Road Georgia USA

I've been up there twice. The first time I had a little accident, but it was still fun. The second time I was actually going to take pics but the bastards paved the road. It's a lot of fun though. Not sure about you style of riding, but if you wanna go sometime just let me know. This weekend I wouldn't be able to go, next weekend if iffy, but the next would probably work. I do like the twisty roads, but I'm not real hardcore and really push the limits too much.

BTW, do you have a GPS? I have a Gramin Nuvi. I can send you the last route I took if your interested.

BlueMoON

Reaction score
Visit site
GTPAddict -- September 3rd or 4th sounds good for a day trip to the N. Georgia mountains. I will also ask a couple of guys in Tyrone area who might join. Probably should start another thread when it gets closer.

No, I don't have a dedicated GPS unit but do send me Garmin route and I think I can have it on my HTC Android. Thanks!

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Where abouts in or around atlanta are you im about 30min give or take from 285 west side

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, welcome to the forum. I think the silver and black is probably the best looking one. Check and make sure you don't need the TPS recall done, though. You probably don't, but it's an important one. Mine is red, but I'm not generally picky about color.

BlueMoON

Reaction score
Visit site
mikw72 -- I did read about the TPS recall a while back but I haven't observed any of the typical symptoms like stalling or irregular idling etc. I just did a quick search but couldn't find how/where to exactly find if I do have a recall on my bike.

Thanks Kazza and mxgolf! I haven't really taken any decent pics yet but I added some in the Garage.

ChevyFazer -- I am in Buckhead/Midtown area. GTPAddict and I are contemplating a day trip to N. Georgia mountain, first weekend of September. Would be great if you and mikw72 are up for it as well.... We'll start a new thread regarding the trip once there is a general consensus among at least a few riders.

And GTPAddict -- don't worry I am not going to try and pull a Rossi on the trip. I like to stay in my limits and just looking for a fun ride with some twisties and photo ops for the bike ;)

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Thats cool I work off howel mill so im not too far but ya Im down for goin up there again and gtp did u just take off the plastics so u could still ride or rockin the war wounds

BlueMoON

Reaction score
Visit site
Mine is different .... don't have the recall! :rockon:

so myself, GTPAddict and ChevyFazer so far... hopefully we'll round up some more...

(I think I should work for a change now... )

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I would still take it to a dealer or at least call one and get them to check for any other recals, I rode by metrocycles to have mine checked and he said that there were 3 recalls on it but they all had been done and they dont charge to check

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
gtp did u just take off the plastics so u could still ride or rockin the war wounds

Hell no, she's all fixed up (well almost). The rear side trim piece next to the seat (not sure what it's called) was on backorder, but the other stuff has been replaced. maybe this time I can make it back without having to hold the bike together :D Just about the whole way home that day I had to hold the left lower fairing to keep it from flopping in the wind.

September 3rd or 4th sounds good for a day trip to the N. Georgia mountains. I will also ask a couple of guys in Tyrone area who might join. Probably should start another thread when it gets closer.

Sounds good to me!

And GTPAddict -- don't worry I am not going to try and pull a Rossi on the trip. I like to stay in my limits and just looking for a fun ride with some twisties and photo ops for the bike

LOL. It sure is pretty up there. The first time I went was with Mr_McBride and ChevyFazer. Long story short, I hit some gravel around a curve and slid off the road. I was only going about 25 MPH, but it still hurt (the bike and my pride more than anything else).

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool ya that was a shame but at least its back together it looked sweet with the (full) fairings

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
I'd try to find someone to go that is familiar with the area as well. I have a GPS, but Rodney (Mr_McBride) knew the area very well, maybe he could go also (are you reading his Rodney?)

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
If he is not up for going I know a little about the area around dalonaga and helen but not as good as him but I might bring someone with me knows it good plus by then I should have my gps mounted

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
Sounds good. X2 on the GPS mount, I should have mine by the end of the week. I have several good routes programmed in mine, but I'm not fast enough to be up front.

The only thing I'd like to have different that I probably won't is that damn seat! I rode for about 4 hours weekend before last. a little over 3 hours were fine, but the last 30 minutes was tough on my rump! Gonna try for a Spencers seat mod by then so maybe it won't be as bad :)