Hello from Basingstoke, Hampshire, England.

Sparkybean

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone I am 31 and have been into bikes since I can remember. I used to tear around on a BMX as a kid making motorbike noises. At 16 I got a road legal trail bike and after a year or so i moved to cars with heavy persuasion from my mum. I got into motocross about 5 years ago. I wanted to ride more so I decided to get my bike licence. Being a driving instructor I have built up a very sting road sense and passed the test with no faults.

I have had 4 bikes in as many years a FZS600, SV1000, 650 V-Strom and my FZ6 (I wanted an FZ6 as my first bike but could not afford it).

I have had many offs on motocross bikes but never a road bike. I don't know if this is down to my job or just luck.

I have been using this site for a few years as a guest and have followed the likes of Boneman, Sangera and Wolfman closely. I recently signed up as I regard this forum above all others.

Thanks to all the help from everyone keep up the good work.

Black 2007 FZ6 S2
Mods: Scorpion exhausts, Belly pan, R&G tail tidy, Micro indicators, Mini number plate, Crash bungs, Fenda extenda, Red rim tape, Airblade double bubble dark smoke screen, dual headlight mod.

52848b50-9b05-e07d.jpg

Last edited:

Davey

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: good to see the UK is getting more and more members - gotta represent with all the Aussies and Yanks!!!!!!! :BLAA: I can't really talk though having jumped ship and left the island for France!

Very sweet looking bike, and you have a similar history to me with the motorbike noises on bmx, motocross and road bikes (although the Fazer is my first bike - and I still love it!).

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: from the right side of the pond (if you turn the map upside down. See what I did there?)! Still too cold up there to ride much?

Sparkybean

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the best forum out there! Nice FZ6 but would be better in BLUE. :D

Did try to get a blue one with leo vinces on it but the sale did not work out. So got this one which was in showroom condition. Also my last bike was blue and I've always liked black. I do worry I'm not very visible although the dual headlight mod does point up slightly and I like to think that if car drivers are slightly blinded then at least they know I'm there!!!

Sparkybean

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: from the right side of the pond (if you turn the map upside down. See what I did there?)! Still too cold up there to ride much?

Like it!

No, we have had a couple of sunny days recently about 12celcius. Took her out for real blast the other day, blew the cobwebs off. I allways find after winter, when I have not had a proper ride for a few months, I feel slightly scared a high speeds. You get used to the noiseless, warm, unturbulent environment of a car. Then you find yourself sitting on a missile going warp factor 12 and it all seems quite new again!

Sparkybean

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: good to see the UK is getting more and more members - gotta represent with all the Aussies and Yanks!!!!!!! :BLAA: I can't really talk though having jumped ship and left the island for France!

Very sweet looking bike, and you have a similar history to me with the motorbike noises on bmx, motocross and road bikes (although the Fazer is my first bike - and I still love it!).

What are you doing in France? Lovely country though despite the fact we like to mock the French!

I did have the older fazer as my first big bike. Nicer engine, no where near as pretty!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:Sparkybean! to the best forum on the world wide web!
Nice credentials and bike!