Hello from Austin Texas

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Dudes and Dudettes,

I got back into motorcycles on Friday after a 19 year break by buying a new 2007 FZ6. :) My last bike was a 1981 Suzuki GS1100E that was all superbiked out. I also roadraced Yamaha RZ350s back in the mid-80's. Man I miss a fast two stroke.

I spent the last year in Iraq with the Army and I realized how much I missed riding and decided to get a new motorcycle once I got back. When I was leaving Iraq and traveling back through Kuwait in September I put a deposit on a Buell 1125R. Well the delivery date had been pushed back until early summer to I canceled the order and started anew. I had been looking at the SV650FE (full fairing and ABS) but those are not out yet either. I also looked at the ZZR600. What sold me on the FZ6 was the riding position and the great motor.

I spent the weekend getting used to riding again and begining the break in process. After 185 miles this weekend I've got a few toys on order. 1) an Akrapovic exhaust (hopefully its not too loud), Race Tech springs, stainless steel brake lines and a Puig windscreen.

Over all I'm very impressed with the bike and its a blast to ride.

I'm looking forward to the Forum and learning more about the bike.

Pete

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Dudes and Dudettes,

I got back into motorcycles on Friday after a 19 year break by buying a new 2007 FZ6. :) My last bike was a 1981 Suzuki GS1100E that was all superbiked out. I also roadraced Yamaha RZ350s back in the mid-80's. Man I miss a fast two stroke.

I spent the last year in Iraq with the Army and I realized how much I missed riding and decided to get a new motorcycle once I got back. When I was leaving Iraq and traveling back through Kuwait in September I put a deposit on a Buell 1125R. Well the delivery date had been pushed back until early summer to I canceled the order and started anew. I had been looking at the SV650FE (full fairing and ABS) but those are not out yet either. I also looked at the ZZR600. What sold me on the FZ6 was the riding position and the great motor.

I spent the weekend getting used to riding again and begining the break in process. After 185 miles this weekend I've got a few toys on order. 1) an Akrapovic exhaust (hopefully its not too loud), Race Tech springs, stainless steel brake lines and a Puig windscreen.

Over all I'm very impressed with the bike and its a blast to ride.

I'm looking forward to the Forum and learning more about the bike.

Pete

Welcome back from Iraq and also welcome to the site, good choice on the bike and we look forward to pics and updates on your renewed riding career

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
first off let me start by saying Thanks for all you have done and will do for this great country.
ok back to the subject at hand: welcome to the forums and back to riding!
sounds like you have a great project starting with that mod list (i'm jealous) make sure to keep us updated with your progress.

J

jsteinb95

Hey Pete. We're all glad you're back safely. Congrats on the bike and welcome to the family. :thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the warm welcomes, this looks like a super forum composed of a lot of great members.

I received word today that the toys will begin arriving tomorrow, with the exhaust first! Photos to follow.

Small note on the Race Tech springs, they do not have a p/n for an 07/08 yet, however RT said to pull the stock springs, measure the length and diameter and they'll make a set for me. Too cool. The fork looks to me to be the one weak point in the bike, too soft for me.

Thanks again everyone!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
11Z5M - Infantry First Sergeant, secondary MOS is 19Z5M, Armor First Sergeant.