HEL brake lines

ddg

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just received my new brake lines in the mail yesterday. Now if only May will hurry up for all the snow to be melted. I did a search on the forum about this brand (HEL Brake Lines - Stainless Steel Motorcycle Performance Brake Line And Brake Hose Kits) and came up with nothing but they seem pretty cool. I got the neon blue with blue fittings. I will update with pictures when they are installed but that will not be for a while as I plan to do race tech fork springs and all balls steering bearings at the same time.

ddg

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Update - I just installed them on the bike the other day and as my faring is still off I realised after that I should have angled the banjo bolt with the handlebar as opposed to what straight down. I think I would get rubbing issues once the fairing is installed. As I didn't want to re-use the copper washers I had already torqued down, I sent an email to the place where I bought them from - here is the transcript.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello
I recently installed the brake lines (still a long time to go before the riding season begins) and realised I have to reposition the lines from the master cylinder after I already torqued down the bolts. I was wondering if I could order some new washers to ensure there is no chance of a leak when I tighten them again. I was wondering if I could order 16 of them and then I will be able to sort out my problem and have spares if I ever have to undo the hoses. I did not see washers separately on your website but I could do a paypal order or phone it in to you if I am able to get them.
Thanks
Danny Graham
Hi
Let me have your address again and I will pop some in the post to you,
John
CMS
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks John. The address is;
As I do want so many I do not have an issue paying for them. I value my safety well over the cost of a little copper washer.
Thanks again
Danny
Danny
No problem, they will be on there way to you tomorrow, I value my customers also, please tell your mates where to buy there lines or give me a mention on any forums you belong to
John
CMS

This is a guy who stands behind his product and I think every other bike I ever have will have these lines ordered from him. Here is the website where I ordered them from, I heartily recommend. motorcycle brake lines hel brake hoses motorcylce parts

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice! I've heard nothing but good things about HEL. When I get my new lines they will be HEL or Goodridge depending on price.

LewisFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I too have bought HEL brake lines and am waiting to fit them along with new EBC Double H pads. They are black with gold fittings, they look great. Will post pictures when i get chance to fit them. Did it take you long ddg? How did you find fitting them and bleeding the brakes? :D

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice! I've heard nothing but good things about HEL. When I get my new lines they will be HEL or Goodridge depending on price.
not sure about your area, but HEL brakelines are always cheaper here by at least SGD$30 for 3 lines. not alot but HEL brakelines are really value for money.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
not sure about your area, but HEL brakelines are always cheaper here by at least SGD$30 for 3 lines. not alot but HEL brakelines are really value for money.
I got Galfer in the end as they were the only ones at the time who did them for the ABS version. Think HEL may do them now. Wish I'd waited, the Galfers were pricy for what you get and the bolts surface rusted in a week and they took months to arrive!

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
I got Galfer in the end as they were the only ones at the time who did them for the ABS version. Think HEL may do them now. Wish I'd waited, the Galfers were pricy for what you get and the bolts surface rusted in a week and they took months to arrive!
you changed your brakelines for ABS model? how many lines and how much did it cost you? local riders here did ask in another forum how much would it cost them to change their ABS fz6 brakelines to aftermarket ones.