Heated Grips

Mark_JT

Reaction score
Visit site
I was wondering which grips would work for my 06 fz6. I found these and would like to know if they woukd work.Oxford Heaterz Premium Sport Heated Grips - RevZilla

I have them heated grips. They work great. They were on the bike when I bought it a week ago, though I have nothing to compare them to as I've never had heated grips before.

They take a few minutes to warm up but, even at 40%, they warm my hands through the gloves. Let me know if you have any questions about them!

odachi13

Reaction score
Visit site
Those new oxford ones are perfect. I've had some older ones but you always worry about killing your battery unless you wire them into the ignition. The new ones turn off after they detect the current change of your ignition off so you don't need to worry if you accidentally leave them on.
Oxford do make a few types but except for the scooter version they are all the same just different grip pattern. Sports ones are soft rubber, I use the adventure ones which have a slightly tougher finish.

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
odachi13;597079...but you always worry about killing your battery unless you wire them into the ignition. The new ones turn off after they detect the current change of your ignition off so you don't need to worry if you accidentally leave them on. ... [/QUOTE said:
This is a good point. I have wired mine into a power distribution block which is wired to a relay, so it's not an issue for me, but it is something to consider. Would hate to be stranded because you forgot to turn your grips off!

OneCheekRider

One Cheek On The Seat!
Reaction score
Visit site
I was wondering which grips would work for my 06 fz6. I found these and would like to know if they woukd work.Oxford Heaterz Premium Sport Heated Grips - RevZilla

I use the same grips. Install is easy and they work great. They have a 2 year warranty as well. I had to get the updated heat controller (the one you linked has it) and it was at my door the next day at no cost.

Would hate to be stranded because you forgot to turn your grips off!

the FZ6 is easily bump-started. Just put it in 2nd gear with the key on, get a nice jog going, then dump the clutch. Should start right up if it's only a drained battery.