Heated Grips Again!!!!!

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
Well i'm not sure if it is just me, bad luck or bad quality but why does the FZ6 kill heated grips?

On my 2004 S1 (about 3 years ago) i had some Oxford hot hands, where the controller died before winter so i had no heated grips. i complained to oxford who sent me a new controller for the grips in about spring time. they worked all year until November time when the controller dies again, leaving me without heated grips for 2 winters.

I will add i had a Yamaha XT660R after mt first FZ6 and the oxford heated grips (already fitted) never failed

Now again on this FZ6 i brought some more heated grips about September last year. i opted for some cheaper "Dr Bike" heated grips that worked through the winter, thank god. But have now packed in. is it just me, or are you guys replacing your heated grips each season?

Sorry about the essay^^

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got the oxford hotgrips, had it about 3 years now, there was an issue with the controller about 1 & 1/2 years ago but oxford replaced the controller for free.

My only issue is that the led light showing that it's putting out 75% power (most used position in winter) is hardly visable now.

Mine were still working this morning as it was 3 degrees C and I'm using my summer gloves (Brrrrrrr....)

Last edited:

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe i had the faulty batch on my old FZ6 as the controller on the XT was different to that on the FZ6.

Maybe i should try the newer version of the oxford ones.

I wont worry until later on in the year now, as our temps are up to 10C + now so not to much to worry about until the winter starts to set back in