Headphones/Earplugs

Sdotterer014

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I got my MEElectronics today and I am not impressed at all. Even with the memory wire and different earpieces they still don't stay seated in my ear completely when I put my helmet on. Earplugs seem to be the only thing I can keep snug in my ear with my helmet on so I'm going to give the Plugfones a try despite the bad reviews. Once I receive them I'll post some feedback on here.

Baci

Reaction score
Visit site
Might be worth trying out some Comply memory foam tips....those seam to make a better seal in the ear canal than any rubber tip I have tried.

No clue if this particular model fits your ear buds, just giving a visual reference.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Comply-T-400-Isolation-Earphone-Medium/dp/B002NUJ2RM/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1371594128&sr=1-1&keywords=comply+foam+tips"]Amazon Comply tips[/ame]

I eagerly away your review! I attempted ear buds again with my helmet.....its just too snug, when it slides on the earbuds are moved and it just does not work(impossible to readjust once my helmet is on). Sounds like the same issue you have.

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
Have you tried using a helmet liner. It helps the helmet slip over the headphones and also helps to keep the sweat away from the helmet liner !!.

jdoorn14

Reaction score
Visit site
ETYMOTIC Ear Buds. You wont find a better option.

Got it. (Again.)

Based on the number of times you've chimed in with that in this thread alone, I'm beginning to think you have some vested interest in sales of these earbuds. :confused:

Reaction score
Visit site
Heres a tip I found very helpful.

If you have one of those standard earbuds with the rubber dome that inserts into your eye. IE. something that looks like this. https://www.google.com/search?gs_rn=17&gs_ri=psy-ab&tok=l96HzXJFLwVTRtR3vfhUKw&suggest=p&cp=11&gs_id=16&xhr=t&q=monster+turbine&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.48175248,d.dmQ&biw=1920&bih=955&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=QWvDUayUIaW30AG2iIGoBg

-Before you put on your helmet, wrap the cable behind your ear from the bottom up then insert the earbuds.
Put your helmet on then slide your finger into your helmet and adjust as needed.

This way when the cables gets tugged on it, it'll pull against your ear as oppose to yanking the whole earbud out.

Sdotterer014

Reaction score
Visit site
Heres a tip I found very helpful.

If you have one of those standard earbuds with the rubber dome that inserts into your eye. IE. something that looks like this. https://www.google.com/search?gs_rn=17&gs_ri=psy-ab&tok=l96HzXJFLwVTRtR3vfhUKw&suggest=p&cp=11&gs_id=16&xhr=t&q=monster+turbine&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.48175248,d.dmQ&biw=1920&bih=955&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=QWvDUayUIaW30AG2iIGoBg

-Before you put on your helmet, wrap the cable behind your ear from the bottom up then insert the earbuds.
Put your helmet on then slide your finger into your helmet and adjust as needed.

This way when the cables gets tugged on it, it'll pull against your ear as oppose to yanking the whole earbud out.

Sounds like a good bit of advice. I've already put masking tape over my ears to help keep them in haha.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I currently use noise-cancelling headphones when riding far distances at high speeds to protect my ears from wind noise. I've read other threads and agree with most people who think they're a pain because they fall out and shift easily. I came across these and was wondering if anybody has any experience with them or anything like them.

Orange Foam Earplug Earphones - Plugfones Foam Style
I just ordered a couple sets of these, I figured that I wear earplugs anyways so having music too is a bonus.

Sdotterer014

Reaction score
Visit site
Took an 85 mile trip down the turnpike yesterday going between 75-85 mph. Had the plugfones in and noticed a big difference compared to my noise isolating earbuds. With the old earbuds I would set my volume to 20 or so and barely be able to hear my music at highway speed. With the plugfones I had my volume at 12 and could hear the music just as good, if not better at times. So my first experience with these was a good one, although I am still skeptical of them lasting for a while based on reviews.

arsity

Reaction score
Visit site
Took an 85 mile trip down the turnpike yesterday going between 75-85 mph. Had the plugfones in and noticed a big difference compared to my noise isolating earbuds. With the old earbuds I would set my volume to 20 or so and barely be able to hear my music at highway speed. With the plugfones I had my volume at 12 and could hear the music just as good, if not better at times. So my first experience with these was a good one, although I am still skeptical of them lasting for a while based on reviews.

Did you purchase the foam plugs? I wear foam ear plugs at my job, and I cant imagine these lasting very long. I am considering getting a pair of the silicone plugs. I've also have worn these types of plugs at my job, and they hold up pretty well.

Sdotterer014

Reaction score
Visit site
Did you purchase the foam plugs? I wear foam ear plugs at my job, and I cant imagine these lasting very long. I am considering getting a pair of the silicone plugs. I've also have worn these types of plugs at my job, and they hold up pretty well.

Yeah I ordered the foam plugs. Got my fingers crossed that they at least last the summer.