Headlight's in VS-2 Kit

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
The headlight in the VS-2 kit seems alarmingly dim compared to my old set up with the fairing. I think it's like Motogiro said, the asian/ european market requires less light output.

I was wondering what a good replacement bulb is? Can I just find any H4 bulb that's 55/65 hi low and put it in? I wasn't sure if the dual filament VS-2 in a higher output will put more strain on the factory wiring harness.

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It should be the same base on the lamp. Bring the original with you to any automotive supply and get a 55/65/watt. The wiring should not be so close as to fail with the additional wattage.
PM coming your way!

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I dropped in a regular H4 bulb. It seems just as bright as my old dual 4" lights with a single bulb.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I dropped in a regular H4 bulb. It seems just as bright as my old dual 4" lights with a single bulb.

I put in the H4 that I had from my fairings that had just been removed. It was a silverstar, and was free since I already had it from before. Win win.

Are you guys shutting off the low beam filament when your high beam is active?

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
I only use my high beam when I am flashing someone so I haven't bothered relaying it yet. That being said I did burn up one H4 (both high and low beams simultaneously) when flashing someone a while back. I am going to be putting in a bi-xenon HID once it gets cold here and won't have to worry about it then.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I only use my high beam when I am flashing someone so I haven't bothered relaying it yet. That being said I did burn up one H4 (both high and low beams simultaneously) when flashing someone a while back. I am going to be putting in a bi-xenon HID once it gets cold here and won't have to worry about it then.

I had a friend wipe out both filaments at the same time when he was doing a lot of signalling but he was properly switched and it wasn't from overheating.

Yes HID's are nice!

mnuttall87

Reaction score
Visit site
I got motogiro's kit and ordered a Luminics bulb -- I have these in my car and the improvement from stock lighting was incredible, so I assumed it would carry over to the H4 bulb as well. I usually get out of work around 7 and it is already getting dark, so it would be nice to illuminate the whole street when riding.