Headlight Suggestions

spanz

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a 2007 FZ6 (blue) in 2013. I LOVE the bike. The previous owner made it into a naked bike. I love the look. The picture included is the headlight mod that he chose. While I like the look, he wired it incorrectly. I had the wiring repaired, although it had already melted the interior of the housing. When it was functional, the light was never bright enough, and I was thankful when I had a car or truck with real headlights behind me.

Vlcrheadlight-fairing-turn-signals-streetfighter-universal.jpg

That being said, due to an unfortunate mishap in my garage the dim headlight bulbs are now burnt out and melted into the housing, I need new new headlights. I have LED turn signals that I like, so I just need headlights.

I have looked online, and NOTHING talks about the intensity or effectiveness of the lights.

What suggestions do people have?
Was it easy to install?
Pics would be GREAT!!

I would do it cheap just to be back on the road, cause i enjoy my bike. :rockon:

Find an old harley headlight, a single fat round one slap it on with some clamps that grab the fork tubes and jam on!

So as for HID's, I could go that route, but I am not sure that it would be the best option.

In mean time, I am back on the road. The previous owner also gave me all of the stock parts from when he did the conversion. I was able to re-attach enough of the original parts (and undo a BUNCH of screwed up wiring) to get it road worthy.

Now at this point, I am just trying to figure out what looks are available for the FZ6 as a naked bike.

I saw the post:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/29382-poor-mans-0-dollar-streetfighter-mod.html

The look is good, but I think it is a bit to close to the original for my taste.

I know that I am sounding very wishy-washy, but I just don't know what all the options are. I would prefer to make the next change a final one.

On a scale of 1 - 5
Do the headlights through enough lumins?
Do you get any type of wind protection?

I have seen,
1) the demon look that I had. (2, 2)
2) The original fairings (5, 5)
3) VS01 (?, ?)
4) VS02 (?, ?)
5) The half naked/half original fairings listed above (5, ?)

What else have people tried and liked?

Back