Headlight Mod?

koolcat

Reaction score
Visit site
2007 Fz6-recently rebuilt a wrecked bike,got it going and now am looking to do a few modifications, I want to be able to start the bike without the lowbeam headlight automaticaly coming on,(and the running lights) but Ill settle for the headlights.. for now. Anybody done this? any insight would be much appreciated..:rockon:

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
I wouldn't have thought it would be too difficult to do. You'd just have to disconnect the existing wires to the headlights and running lights and wire them directly (with a new switch since the FZ6 doesn't have a switch to turn the headlights on since the are ALWAYS on).

Now comes the interesting question Why?

koolcat

Reaction score
Visit site
Now comes the interesting question Why?
Thanks the bikes in the backyard and everytime I go out riding at night the headlight is shining all over the neighbors house..plus I just like the idea of having the option to turn them off when I want..
another issue is the blinkers, automatic cutoff (after the turn)would be nice! anybody with me on this? How can this be done?

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
All the electronic self canceling stuff I have seen doesn't work with the single button style of turn signal fitted to the FZ6. It only seems to work on the single button on each side as fitted to Harleys.

Let me know if you find anything.