Headlight convertion kits for FZ6?

Frostbite155

Reaction score
Visit site
I've seen a couple of bikes out there, R1s and R6s with the so called "Angel Eyes:drool:" or "Devil Eyes" headlight conversion kit. I was wondering if they do exist for the FZ6 aswell or just for a select few other models?

Haha, well for a junior in high school its all about looks you know :D The pictures didn't seem to fit the shape of the FZ6 headlights or doesnt that matter? You know how the installation on these are? thanks for replying so quickly

and i mean, again all i can say is :drool:

I don't have any. From what I gather they glue to the inside of your headlight covers or to the reflector. How legal they are is anyone's guess.

I've seen them on ebay a lot in Europe, and I do recall seeing a bike with some fitted, although that may have been on the SV650 forum that I'm a member of and haven't visited since I got the FZ6.

Best of luck.

There not to bad to install i did them on my FZ, you just have to pack some patience with this project and be very careful not to break the CCFL tubes. First thing you wanna do is remove headlight from bike. Second once removed from bike place in oven at 300 degrees for about 5 minutes to heat up the glue that seals around the lens and housing you'll have to use a small flat head screw driver to release the plastic clips around the housing. Third they should come with some instructions on how to drill two little holes in the top of the housing for each light so that the wires for the CCFL tubes can exit and be glued in place, i junked the sealant they sent with the package and used some 5 minute epoxy to hold them in place. Other then that its pretty straight forward project. Here's pic of mine installed. If you have questions feel free to ask.

Last edited:
Those look absolutely amazing, although I would get blue ones since my bike is also blue..

Another quick question, did you ever get in trouble considering their legality? :p

I can say with some confidence (and a ticket from my Blue POD lights to proove it) that WHITE and AMBER are the only DOT approved/legal colours for a forward facing vehicle light.

Most of these kits come with a switch which you would want so you could turn them on and off if needed.

I added in a hidden switch for my blue POD lights up underneith the boot of my left mirror that I can operate through the rubber boot and a small greeen LED to indicate when they are on:

DSCF1895.JPG

DSCF2987.JPG

Back