Headlight assembly

Criminal Pilot

City Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Headlight assembly (Updated)

So I've done it again. Seems everytime I go to do some work on my bike to prepare it for summer, I break something else. I've got terrible luck with this and the shop is doing the major work from now on. Sucks buying parts when you need tiny bits and pieces.

Anyway, I've accidentally popped a small golf-ball sized hole through the left headlight cover (the plastic bit). I'm getting more and more worried as I go, because I can't find it in the parts manual online.

Is that plastic cover part of the entire headlight assembly? Or is it included with the entire front fairing? If so, I guess I'll be going naked sooner than I thought because I can't justify spending ballpark $300 for a headlight assembly, or more for the front fairing, when I just need one tiny plastic bit.

Just to clarify, the cracked bit is the outermost piece of transparent plastic, it sits uniform with the front fairing to create a streamlined design. Please let me know if I can purchase this part somewhere. Thanks!

Last edited:

Criminal Pilot

City Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you mean the lens no. Check eBay. How did you put a hole in the lens anyway

Yeah it is the lens. Looks like I have to get a whole new one then. Excellent. Just my luck.

I have it parked in my garage and unfortunately it sits in a corner beneath a stairwell (lots of sharp, uncovered 90 degree corners). I was moving the Bike and I glanced down at the right side footpeg for a second to make sure it doesn't scrape the wall. In that moment I heard a pop, and noticed I had pushed too far forward and it contacted one of the stair corners, pushing a hole through the lens.

I guess I'm pooched.

Does anyone know if the 2006 Headlight assembly would fit the 2008 without modification?

Anyway thanks for the info and the Ebay link. I'll probably be purchasing that if theres no other way.

Criminal Pilot

City Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes 04 to 09 are the same

Excellent, I've just had someone offer me a 2006 headlight assembly. This forum is fantastic... one day of bad luck and at least I can sleep at night knowing a solution is nearby.

Thanks a lot for the help, glad to hear I'm not as stranded as I thought. :thumbup::D

I found THIS http://www.ebay.com/itm/Light-Headl...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ab08f75f7&vxp=mtr. Would that work? Is it hard plastic, or just a thin tint screen? If it is hard plastic, I would assume it can just cover the current broken piece.

Last edited:

Criminal Pilot

City Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Headlight assembly (Updated)

Hello,

So, before I get a new headlight, I just want to clarify something. I've been looking at pictures of headlights, and I'm not sure the headlight assembly itself is what I broke. Here is a picture (I can't get one of my own bike yet, but I will when I go to my garage shortly).

So in this picture, the red outline shows the outermost plastic piece that is cracked. The green outline shows what I believe to be the headlight assembly. Unless I'm wrong, I've never taken it apart to see.
lens1l.jpg

This is what the crack looks like:
lenscrack.jpg

so with that in mind, do I still need an entire headlight assembly, or is the outside piece separate? It looks to be part of the fairing.

Criminal Pilot

City Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's it lens is sold with headlight only

Okay, thanks for the quick response. I appreciate all your help, you've been great. I realize these are very "newbie"-esque questions, so I appreciate your patience with me.

I'll go ahead and pull the trigger on that new headlight then. Thanks, :D