Headaches... New Helmet?

TripNip

Men of Mayhem
Reaction score
Visit site
Riight so I've had a medium sized Nolan N85 for the last year, but the last few days when I ride I get off the bike with a blistering headache, real back of the head pain... Feels like its in my brain!! ;) Only happens when I ride.

Think I've outgrown my helmet suddenly or just something else causing it?

Just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this, suddenly my helmet feels too small but I'm not sure if im just having a bit of a hypochondriac week?

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No, not had anything like that before. If anything, your helmet gets "looser" as the padding softens up.

If the headaches keep up, I'd got the the qwack and check it out. Maybe, it's your eyes and you need glasses/contacts. You could be straining your eyes while concentrating on the road.

That's all I've got :)

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe, but on the bike I'm concentrating more. Looking out for idiot cagers etc. In the car, I'm more relaxed, listening to the radio etc.

Does that make sense?

skyworm

Reaction score
Visit site
As funny as it could seems,every time my hair getting longer,my helmet starts to bug me.Not much,but enough in hour+ riding.Check your visor for scratches.While riding,you will not focus on them but your eyes getting tired from them.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Dont know if this applies to your situation or not but a while back my right ear would start to hurt tremendously after about 45min of ride time it took me a couple weeks to figure it out but I was wearing my helmet just barely ****ed to the left even though when I put it on it felt good and comfortable. Could you maybe be wearing yours tilted a little to far foward or backward? But I dont have a clue if that would cause it or not

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Check for critters leaving acorns and such???? lol :spank:

Pull the padding and give it look. Prolly time for wash too. Any chance its an odor causing this? Was the helmet left somewhere that gave it a chemical smell?

All ideas up top are good ones, hair, fit, alignment, blemishes on the wind screen. So maybe getting those eyes checked isn't a bad idea idk...

Thinking back, if your hair is being pulled on for a sustained period of time it can give some a headache so maybe try bandanna??? :ban:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Focus on keeping good riding posture and force yourself to relax your muscles until they are needed. When I first started riding I would get headaches and back pain...I eventually realized I was riding tense a lot and it caused the strain that lead to the pain.