Having some problems with my bike

FREEDOM553

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2006 FZ6 and am having some problems with it, I know that my battery does not have a good connection and just haven't had the time to fix that, but I am having problems with acceleration. Once I have the bike started and hit about 20-30 mph I will begin to lose power for a second or two and then it will return. Also it will die at stop lights and will completely lose power, even the clock goes out. I had the same type of problem with an old car and all I had to do was replace the fuel filter, does anyone know where the fuel filter is and does that even sound like what is wrong with my bike. Thank you

rdoucet

Ghost Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Fix the battery connections and go from their; if everything is going dead at the stop light you have an electrical issue, not a fuel problem.

FREEDOM553

Reaction score
Visit site
I will get that done tomorrow morning, could that be causing the loss of power during the ride? I sure hope that will get it fixed, thank you for your reply.

rdoucet

Ghost Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes it would; I would be willing to bet you have a loose ground either at the battery or on the chassis. Check all the connections first and make sure they are tight; I would also recommend the use of a battery tender and keep it on the bike when not being used. A bad ground will cause all types of problems - a loose ground will do the same. Be sure to check all the electrical connections; fyi, the battery is located under the gas tank.

Good luck,

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If this is an early '06, it might need the TPS recall done to it. Have the dealer run the serial to see if it is in the recall if you have'nt checked this already. It will be a free fix too. But, only do this after you've fixed the battery issue and checked. That may fix it all by itself.

I just re-read your OP and I originally missed the line about the clock going out. Yes, battery connection NEEDS to be fixed.

It still won't hurt to check on the TPS to see if your bike should be fixed though.

Last edited:

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
If the gauges are going out, it is the battery, as they are run only by the baterry. If you have a voltage tester, you can see if you are putting out the proper amount of power, otherwise just check your connections.