having an issue....

rdabernig41

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got my scorpion exhaust and after my first ride the scorpion emblems started to Peel off. Anyone else have this problem? And if yes how can I fix it?

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Both Scorpion emblems started to lift at the upper and lower edges almost immediately after I installed the exhaust. I tried various types of adhesive, but they still kept lifting...the curvature of the sides of the cans were just too much for them, so I eventually took them off. I think they look better without them, quite honestly.
I did send an email to both Scorpion UK and their US distributors about it, but didn't receive a reply from either.

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
no problems here. I didnt have to peel and stick, they were put on at the factory. Is everyone having to put their own on? Maybe its a quality control thing being resolved. Mine came in on a long awaited backorder shipment from the factory (new edge style). No complaints.

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
If the pipes are not oil free and clean before you put them on, they will lift. Did you clean them off with isopropal alcohol or windex to remove oil/fingerprints?

sublime0713

Gun nut
Reaction score
Visit site
no problems here. I didnt have to peel and stick, they were put on at the factory. Is everyone having to put their own on? Maybe its a quality control thing being resolved. Mine came in on a long awaited backorder shipment from the factory (new edge style). No complaints.

I'd like to clarify this as well. The emblems on mine were on when I unboxed them but it seems some of you had to stick them on yourselves. I've had mine for a year with no issues.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd like to clarify this as well. The emblems on mine were on when I unboxed them but it seems some of you had to stick them on yourselves. I've had mine for a year with no issues.

My Scorpion emblems were also already on each can when I unboxed them. The emblems are made of a semi-hard plastic material that had to bend around the sides of the cans at the top and bottom of the emblem. They had lifted at the top and bottom while in the box....I just gave up fighting with them and removed them.
The Scorpion emblem is stamped into the end caps anyhow, so they are still "branded".

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
They should have been pop rivited on at the factory. Glue will fail sooner or later with the heat and cool effect. I like the logos. They jazz up the pipes.

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just to alleviate any unnecessary worry: Mine were on from factory, but lifting at the top an bottom like others have already posted. Still are in the exact same position as they were a year ago.

When I installed exhaust last summer, I immediately got concerned about them falling off and emailed Scorpion U.K. I just pulled the email of the site. One rep, Brian, immediately posted two new emblems back to me. I have yet to put them on, as they just have some adhesive strip down the middle, which explains why the ones on from the
factory tend to lift on the top and bottom.

Like I said, the old ones appear to be solidly on. The lift just looks annoying but you forget about it.

Can anyone post up a pic of the new style sans emblems? If it looks nice, I may rip them off.

BTW, I am self-diagnosed OCD about my bike. Everyday I hear a new noise or see a cable that looks different ad obsess over it. Just a general shoutout of thanks to all the members that post so that I can once again go back to enjoying the ride. :)

Scorp

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine haven't come off. They were not on the cans when I got them - I put them on. Ran the engine for a while, although CF doesn't really got too warm. Cleaned the cans first and put the stickers on.

My bike has red highlights on it so I like the stickers on. If you want the same, get a high temp adhesive.