Has your bike ever hit the ground?

Has your bike ever touched pavement?

• No, my bike has never been dropped, or layed down. It's still a minter.

Votes: 393 36.6%
  • Yes, the side of my bike has touched pavement.

Votes: 681 63.4%

• Total voters

Set Fazer's to Suicide

Reaction score
Visit site
For the first time the other day, was trying to bump start and after a few failed attempts I then ran over my foot (rolling back into my drive) lost my balance and the bike went horizontal, causing the the chain oiler tube tocome loose and dribble everywhere!! Will never bump start again.

rchamberlain

Reaction score
www.rogerchamberlain.com
Yep. Less than a week after I got it I was moving it in the garage and it got away from me standing still. It must have taken 10 or 15 seconds for it to actually go down because I did everything I could to keep it up. I ended up laying it down ever so gently.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wonder how many members I have jinxed!

Count me in as one.... Thanks Kenny!

Downed the FZ1 about a couple weeks ago. Rounded a bend in a left-hander with a car that was poking out. After rounding his bumper, started to throttle up and realized I was in sand!

Rear kicked out, I slowed, rear caught asphalt and I high-sided. Damage was minor but expensive. 3 out of the 6 Copperdog parts were damaged. Ugh!

psnbye

I used to be Jethro
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Does gravel count? It wasnt pavement, my wife was riding my bike in front of me on the highway and as she came off the road her front tire slid in the gravel and over she went. Sprained wrist, lots of bruises, and some cosmetic damage resulted. She was wearing gear or it could have been lots worse so I am gratefull for that.

mattiosmaximos

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got out of the hospital, on 7/7/2010 I hit a three point buck doing 60 with my 2005 blue FZ6.
I'd like to say I'm here today because of my regular use of full riding gear. I got a broken collar bone and many bruises along with a concussion.
Should I scrap the bike or fix it?
The fairing is toast, headlights, front brace, mirrors,turn signals and cluster. The bike starts and the frame and forks are straight. The tank is dented and the frame has light road rash thanks to my frame sliders.
Wish I had gotten the full coverage insurance!
Any thoughts? I'm guessing new the parts will be 1,600.00.
I can probably do most of the repairs my self in 3 months when my arm works again. :(
DSC04919Medium.jpg

DSC04915Medium.jpg

DSC04916Medium.jpg

DSC04917Medium.jpg

Last edited:

Neilio

Reaction score
Visit site
Mine is a naked that wasn't a drop conversion. The old man whom had it before me just wanted a naked so he striped it brand new and sold off the fairings.

Looked at the post above mine..... Where I live there are deer everywhere, went for a 5 hour ride in Brown County this morning, nothing scares me more.

Last edited:

Aeon_Blue

Reaction score
Visit site
I dropped my Gixxer K7 this past weekend. After a night of drinking (and taking a cab home) we were dropped off in our parking lot. I saw my baby sitting there peacefully sleeping. I decided it would be a good idea to sit on it and make vroom-vroom noises. The girl I was with decided to hop on as my passenger unexpectedly. As she got on, I felt all the weight on my right leg, and being drunk, I started to fall over. It happened sooooo slow. I held it for a bit and then....THUD! It was on the floor. Just a minor scratch but stilll.... :(

TampaFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
My 17 year old son took the bike around the block and when he came back he forgot to put the kick stand down. Then a few weeks later I was turning into the road from the driveway and turned to sharp with no speed and the bike went down.

TampaFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
mattiosmaximos, what about doing a naked conversion, seems most of the removal process has already been done? Would that be cheaper then restoring to original? What kind of insurance reimbursement will you get for the damages?

Just a thought from a distance

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This thread needs to be retired! After just installing my Throttlemeister, my bike ended falling on it's side due to not having the bike balanced correctly on the side stand.

The bike has been dropped several times, but each time going down gently a I tried to save it from some stupid brainfart. This was a direct free fall onto it's side. Scratched up front faring pretty good with a very small crack, scuffed my mirror and frame slider. And the Throttlemeister, not even on for an hour and now this. Ouch!

Bryan-

Reaction score
Visit site
OMG I had a dream last night; I installed frame sliders for the front fork.. on one side.. and I wanted to test them? WTF? Ended up dropping the bike on the wrong side..

I **** my pants so bad I woke up instantly :eek::eek::eek:

*goes out to buy front fork, engine and rearend sliders*

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
I will have to add my name to the list of shame :(

I can honestly say my bike has never hit the road :thumbup:

Ive dropped it twice. Both times in my brothers front yard. Both times in the rain & in the swamp that he refers to as a "yard". Both times I ended up filthy & covered in mud however last week I managed to crack the plastics on the right hand side.

Both of my 4kmh gets offs I managed to walk away unhurt although I can't say the same for my brother. He has a rib cartilage injury from falling down laughing at me.
Not bloody happy :(

abraxas

Biker
Reaction score
www.thinkbike.co.za
This is a very interesting thread. Sad as hell, but instructive.

Most fall at slow speed ... so frame sliders are in fact essential equipment. I didn't have either, busy converting to streetfighter, although the plastic IS repairable, so keeping all the parts, hopefully be able to restore at some future date.

jackay

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes mine has. 3 times now?
1st time was at a park lot, I was doing a u-turn at low speed and front wheel caught some loose gravel on the bitumen. Then...ouch!

Since then I have fall off twice riding up a parking ramp. The bike stalled half way (it was a lot more steeper than I anticipated) and firstly fell to the right then...left as I was pick it back up off the slope... :(

jackay

Reaction score
Visit site
Does gravel count? It wasnt pavement, my wife was riding my bike in front of me on the highway and as she came off the road her front tire slid in the gravel and over she went. Sprained wrist, lots of bruises, and some cosmetic damage resulted. She was wearing gear or it could have been lots worse so I am gratefull for that.

That looks like the exact damage on my bike :rolleyes:

MoeDog

Reaction score
Visit site
Well count me in, I Was at the DMV parking lot on a hot day with all my gear on. I was in a hurry to get on and go because a car was waiting for me to leave " parking was full" . I swung over the bike when i was mounting it but a little to fast and to hard that I lost balance to the right. I fought with it for like 6 seconds almost won, but lost at the end. very minimal damage, just a scrape on the mirror and a very minor scrape to the frame slider. another of lesson learned

rexbaum

Reaction score
Visit site
35 years of riding and I have NEVER dropped my bike. ;) I have been hit by an SUV (July, 2004), so if that means I dropped it, I guess I should vote "yes", but I could hardly keep it up after an SUV moving 40 MPH rammed into me!
:eek:

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I hit the road with my FZ6 almost every day....bad joke :spank:

Never dumped 'er though. Came close a couple of times but my iconic superpowers saved the day. I once had it tip away from me in the driveway and pulled so hard to keep it from falling that I put my back out for a week...

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This thread needs to be retired! After just installing my Throttlemeister, my bike ended falling on it's side due to not having the bike balanced correctly on the side stand.

The bike has been dropped several times, but each time going down gently a I tried to save it from some stupid brainfart. This was a direct free fall onto it's side. Scratched up front faring pretty good with a very small crack, scuffed my mirror and frame slider. And the Throttlemeister, not even on for an hour and now this. Ouch!
So Mr Kennith Vegas,
Revenge is a dish best served cold. God I took some stick from you when I dented my tank lol. I have a new black tank now so I can report. My bike is a minter.
24092010055.jpg

Well having said that you know what happened last time I took the pi55 out of a member who dented their beloved.

Seriously sorry to hear it mate glad your not hurt.

Nelly