Has anyone used this 520 conversion kit?

agp

Reaction score
Visit site
I saw this on the FZ6 parts for sale on ebay forum:

Yamaha FZ6 FZ 6 600 520 Conversion Sprocket & Chain kit:eBay Motors (item 330354588337 end time Aug-30-09 18:23:27 PDT)

The seller doesn't list the sprocket size but has different "stage" kits based on your desired acceleration. I sent the seller a message asking if his stage I kit is equivalent to -1/+2. Its seems to me that it's a reputable seller.

The kit is $156.90 after shipping. I checked kneedraggers and motorcycle superstore, couldn't find the parts adding up to a better price than that.

It would be great if anyone has information on the ebay kit. If/when I hear back from the seller I'll let everyone know. Also, does anyone know where I can get a better price on the chain and sprockets?

earthdaddy

Reaction score
Visit site
That's the kit I just installed on my bike. The stage 1 kit uses a +4 rear sprocket and stays with the stock 16t size on the front. I like the idea of that better because you aren't tightening the turning radius around that front sprocket. I'm sure you can have them put whatever sprocket sizes you want though. The chain comes fit to length for the sprocket set-up you order.

I have no complaints about the quality, but I really know ****-all about that kind of stuff. I talked to them on the phone and the guy was very helpful in answering any and all questions. Love the mod...the bike just feels better at all speeds.

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, back from the dead. Just making sure what the right length chain is for a -1 front. Not doing the +2 rear. Is it 118 or 116?

Last edited:

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought that eBay kit about 2-3 weeks ago, and aside from the smoothness of the ride, it revs little higher than normally, it does have quite a bit more pull from my feel, Depending on the stage you picked, there was like 3 stages i recall. if you use highways a lot like me stage 1-2 is your limit, if you are wanting to play tricks with the bike, stage 3 or more. Only reason why i bought it was because I had like 25k miles on my bike and I was do for a new chain and sprockets, so I asked myself why the hell not, The previous owner of my bike still had all the stock ones on anyway.

hmmm I wonder what the original owner would say about this bike now?

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
I do a bunch of touring (300+ mile a day) in the summer and too agressive wouldn't work. That's why I'm sticking to -1 front.
I also have 25K on the OE chain/sprockets. Same as you, figured why not?