Has anyone tried these with a full fairing?

nsikes

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought these for my 2006. I got them yesterday and hope to put them on this week, so I hope they fit. I will let you know if they don't...

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
First thing is, do they look like the ones in the pic below:-
609181239940435.jpg

If they do, you probably can install them without having to drill holes.

If they are just a big tube with a bolt going through it, then look for the engine bolts on the bike. Can you see them or are they covered up by the fairing? If they are covered then you need to cut. If you have the Yamaha fairing you'll need to cut. I had to with mine. It sucks but isn't too hard. I didn't do a perfect job on mine, but the paintwork is so easily scratched all over I'll be getting the bike resprayed in a year or two anyway! :(

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
been using shoguns for 2 years, kept my bike off the ground a few times just fine. Not sure whats up with those side arms though.

Full fairing? As in the aftermarket? I thought you meant the stock on the 07 but now im not sure......

logan77

Reaction score
Visit site
it is an 07 with the full yamaha fairing on it. The ones kneedraggerts are selling i assume have that little adaptor to swing them out past the fairing. lol typing with my new gloves on is a trip!

u8301007

Reaction score
Visit site
if your bike is FZ6 07-08 with full fairing, I dont think these siders can be installed.
The engine bolts will be cover by the fairing and you can't insall these sliders without drilling.
but GGS has one frame slider just for the 07-08 FZ with full fairing.

It can be install without drilling.

GSGProtectorFZ6.jpg

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
can you post a link to where you can get the full fairing for the 07-08 model?

logan77

Reaction score
Visit site
if your bike is FZ6 07-08 with full fairing, I dont think these siders can be installed.
The engine bolts will be cover by the fairing and you can't insall these sliders without drilling.
but GGS has one frame slider just for the 07-08 FZ with full fairing.

It can be install without drilling.

GSGProtectorFZ6.jpg

That is exactly what I'm looking for!