Has anyone installed fZ1 handlebars themselves?

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Half the forum? Lol I opted to switch to the fz6r bar. Love it. Is very easy to do.

Blah Blah
Ya, just a few... Search with Google or another outside engine for 3 letter words... Or toss in renthal, bars, or the PN, etc...

Just order them... $34 well spent!

92Bit

Reaction score
Visit site
Let me know if you did. I want to ask you a few questions. Thanks.

I just replaced mine yesterday, about an hour after you posted. As the others have stated there are several instructions and guides out there. If you have something specific I can answer while it's fresh in my mind, let me know.

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Piece of cake swap. One of the best mods I've done. However...I did find that the improved wrist angle came with a more aggressive riding position, not good for long hauls. So earlier this year I added 1" up and 1" back risers....now it's perfect!

The Fz6R bar looks like a good alternative, same wrist angle as the FZ1 bar but basically has the rise built in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccew

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.

Does anyone have a picture of the sitting position with the fz1 bars?

Good point, i had the luxury of trying both (my FZ6 and brother's FZ1) a few weeks ago. The FZ1 bars on the FZ1 were very comfortable and i liked it very much, when I swaped out to FZ1 bars last year on my FZ6, i didn't like it (i'm 5'7"). I'm still looking. Was thinking about the FZ8 (fazer) bars...they have the rise, less pull back and don't angle back down like the FZ6's do...another option are the Renthal ultra low...but then i lose my stock end weights...meh.