Handlebar Grips

Coskie

Reaction score
Visit site
So it's time for me to replace the uncomfortable grips on my 06 FZ6. Only problem is, I can't find any Yamaha (or FZ6) branded grips!!!

Has anyone been able to find these or are they non-existant? What have you all used and thought was the most comfortable?

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
If you look in the Tucker Rocky catalog, just google it, you will find many different grip options. Another site to check out is Kneedraggers.com. There are several online catalog sites that offer many different options.

Tucker Rocky has a nice assortment of general sportbike accesorries.

I personally do not care for the branded grips. I think they look tacky, IMO.

I tried some black and blue progrips, and they worked well however once I saw that OURY began producing my favorite grips ever again I quickly cut off the progrips and put the OURY grips on.

IMG_3729.jpg

IMG_3728.jpg

IMG_3727.jpg

They have large raised rubber blocks, as you can see. This weekend was the first good ride with them on as I went to the beach and back. I am glad I have them again. They take about 50% of the buzz and vibration out of the bars. That and it takes a good bit of the impact out as well. Also, the larger diameter forces me to have a more relaxed grip on the bars which takes tension out of my fore-arms and reduces fatigue.

As for putting them on, or any grip for that matter. Do a little research on it, I believe we have talked about it many times on here and the tricks in doing so.

I prefer the aircompressor method, however there is a hole in the bar for some tabs for the controlls to keep them from rotating. You may have to remove the controls and rap that area in duct tape to plug the hole.

Hope this helps.

-bryan

Mr.Spoofy

Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice grips, I have a set on my MTB bike. I might have to get a set for the FZ too.

Bmccrary: hows the R/C racing photos coming along? I hope to see you at the Worlds @ the Farm in September.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice grips, I have a set on my MTB bike. I might have to get a set for the FZ too.

Bmccrary: hows the R/C racing photos coming along? I hope to see you at the Worlds @ the Farm in September.

Havent done alot with them here recently. Been pretty busy with school and such. I plan on being at The Worlds for sure. I was in awe watching Hara, Hotbodies Driver, dominate the field. I am looking forward to seeing Tebo, Drake and the rest of the crew out there tearing it up.

-bryan

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Yea the all blacks are nice. Before he got his Red and White I hadnt seen any like it before. Now they are everywhere.

-bryan