Handlebar Buzz?

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
So im perusing my fairly local yamaha suzuki dealer and I get to talking to one of the sales reps and when i start talking about the FZ6 ive coveted for a few years he tell me alot of people complain about a handlebar buzz. He starts to tell me this as im also looking at an 08 leftover gsx650F. Now, i dont know if he's telling me this so ill decide on the suzuki to clear room on his floor, since its a leftover.................or if there really is. can anyone back this up at all?

Thanks.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A salesman told me the same thing....tried to get me to go for a Kawasaki. But since I already had my FZ6.......honestly, I think the bars to vibrate a lot as my right hand goes numb often. :don'tknow:
I still enjoy the h*ll outta my bike though!

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
around 8k rpms (check "speed @ 8k rpms" thread) the clutch lever vibrates and buzzes @ the pivot point -- not the whole bar.

Thanks. Could you post a link to that thread? i did an exact search for what you quoted and it didnt come up.

:thumbup:

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Some people experience it around 5k, 6k, 7k, or 8k.
These engines are prone to having a resonant frequency vibration.

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
My right hand ends up going numb if I'm riding highway speeds for more than an hour. I haven't looked too far into it, I was hoping grips might solve the issue.

My feet end up numb too from the vibrations on the pegs in the same situation. I haven't had a big enough problem to deter me from suggesting to buy the fiz. She's a great bike all around, and the problem is so minute in comparison to joy she brings me.

I wouldn't worry about it.

bushboarder

moved on up
Reaction score
Visit site
I notice the footpeg buzz more than the handlebars. And usually on mine, it seems to be around 5-6000 rpm. As mentioned above, this isn't enough to not waqnt an FZ.

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
yes, especially with aftermarket pipes there is terrible buzz on throttle hand, i had to put bar snake in it. its not that bad now

oh btw bar end definitely helps, heavier better

antijoy

Reaction score
Visit site
It's nothing I've ever noticed on my bike. Even after switching to drag bars and less weight at the ends of the bars. YMMV