"hall Of Shame"

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, like Perryn mentioned, I am creating a new thread, realizing that most of our bikes are not the way they left the dealership due to some type of brain fart. Hopefully, we all can read and learn, even though it might be too late for some of us. So I have to admit, I had three shames, one which you are all aware about the kickstand from my other thread.

The other happened a few months ago when I was stopped at a traffic light. I was relaxing with my hands off the handle bars when I encountered this huge crosswind and it knocked me and my bike over. I tried to save it but once the bike goes beyond a certain angle, it becomes unsaveable, at least for me. I weight about 150 lbs and I'm 5-9. Then, I was facing how to pick up the bike for the first time, and I was having trouble. Fortunately, there was this guy in this pick-up truck who got out and helped me bring my bike up right. I wheeled it over to the curb and gathered my thoughts. Wow! Now, whenever it's windy, I will never take my hands off those bars when I'm stopped at a light. Only damage was a bent shifter which I just bent back in place and small scratch underneath my right front blinker, which you can't see unless you look from underneath.

There was another time when I arrived home, I decided to park on the street rather than my driveway since it was underneath a tree and it provided some shade. I pretty much did a stop and flop. Once again, it fell on the right side, surprisingly just a scratch on the backside of the right miror.

Not sure if sliders would prevent any damage, but I guess it wouldn't hurt. Personally, I don't like the looks of them on the bike.
Okay, who's next?

Chaosratt

Reaction score
www.computing.zone
I'm next!
Broken (snapped off) right mirror.
Broken (dangling, but functional) right front turn signal.
Heavily scratched front windscreen.
Heavily scratched front fairing.
Fairing plastics knocked out of place.
Broken (snapped off) brake pedal. (rear)
Scratched frame (on top of the bolt used for sliders)
Heavily scuffed engine.
um.... more... Handlebars.. rear passenger hand holds or whatever.

Proly lots more than I cannot remember off the top of my head.
All from taking the bike out and having someone attack me two days after I got it.... and two days before I was to go to the MSF course for training.

Everything but the engine and frame are fairly easy to replace. I'm just dreading taking it into the dealer for the checkup in a month or two and having to explain it all....

Chaosratt

Reaction score
www.computing.zone
Eh, true. But it was my lack of expeiance/skill that caused me to go down. I have little doubt that an experianced rider may have been able to save it.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, like Perryn mentioned, I am creating a new thread, realizing that most of our bikes are not the way they left the dealership due to some type of brain fart. Hopefully, we all can read and learn, even though it might be too late for some of us. So I have to admit, I had three shames, one which you are all aware about the kickstand from my other thread.

The other happened a few months ago when I was stopped at a traffic light. I was relaxing with my hands off the handle bars when I encountered this huge crosswind and it knocked me and my bike over. I tried to save it but once the bike goes beyond a certain angle, it becomes unsaveable, at least for me. I weight about 150 lbs and I'm 5-9. Then, I was facing how to pick up the bike for the first time, and I was having trouble. Fortunately, there was this guy in this pick-up truck who got out and helped me bring my bike up right. I wheeled it over to the curb and gathered my thoughts. Wow! Now, whenever it's windy, I will never take my hands off those bars when I'm stopped at a light. Only damage was a bent shifter which I just bent back in place and small scratch underneath my right front blinker, which you can't see unless you look from underneath.

There was another time when I arrived home, I decided to park on the street rather than my driveway since it was underneath a tree and it provided some shade. I pretty much did a stop and flop. Once again, it fell on the right side, surprisingly just a scratch on the backside of the right miror.

Not sure if sliders would prevent any damage, but I guess it wouldn't hurt. Personally, I don't like the looks of them on the bike.
Okay, who's next?
I Respect your honesty,
Yesterday I was looking at the thread and was giggling at some of the brain farts you and others had encountered. I admit it was I was feeling a little self-righteous. Silly people I thought I would never do that ect. Who tried to ride off this morning with the disc lock on? Me Fortunately I was just sat on the bike and pulling out of my garage. I always do this very slowly (out of respect to neighbours, noise ect) Then clunk. Bugger disc lock on. Fortunately not even a mark on the fork leg and I didn't drop it. I think that If Chaosrat wants to nominate himself, that’s democracy man. Mabey instead of hall of shame we should call it "Brain Fart" Neil

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
I Respect your honesty,
Who tried to ride off this morning with the disc lock on? Me Fortunately I was just sat on the bike and pulling out of my garage. I always do this very slowly (out of respect to neighbours, noise ect) Then clunk. Bugger disc lock on.

Neil .. lol ... get one of those reminder thingies .... looks like an old curly telephone wire that connects to your disc lock and throttle ... :eek:

Works a treat , looks after your pocket and saves the blushes !! lol :D

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Neil .. lol ... get one of those reminder thingies .... looks like an old curly telephone wire that connects to your disc lock and throttle ... :eek:

Works a treat , looks after your pocket and saves the blushes !! lol :D
Hi mate, I got one of those. For some reason I took it of the bar, Thats what makes my "Brain fart so stupid"

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine is perfect as well, The silver and black ones must hold up better to abuse.
I think your right mate, With the silver and balck just melting and Ghosting into the background. Even light can't catch up (something to do with the clever quote "Ironside mentioned on thw fastes thred earlier). The Black and silver is certainly more manly and hard looking LOVL, Or were plain lucky. With the amount road kill you have claimed i'm suprised your not into double figures with new bikes on the insurance.LOL

Last edited:

re-pete

Reaction score
Visit site
I actually was talking to a guy the other day who said my bike looked mean, he was riding a Ninja zx12. I like the black and silver color the best, there is a dark red FZ6 for sale at my local bike dealer.. looks slow :)) hehehe
I have removed the whole rear fender, shortened the turn indicaters by about 1/2, built a bracket to mount the lic. plate up under the seat, pretty sure it's not legal but have not been stopped by the police yet. Will post a pic soon.
Insurance is cheap.. $270.00 Canadian Dollars a year. I only paid $4000.00 for the bike and it had less than 9000kms on the odemeter.
No new road kills to report, ashamed to say i have not been riding much in the last week, with Temps hovering in the 30C it's to hot to ride.

Eviloliv3

I'm here for the women
Reaction score
Visit site
ill make it brief...

went out for a ride with a buddy, he took off fast, i followed just behind him. he miss-shifted. i was still on gas when i noticed. tried to swerve and caught too much front brake, went down. frame slider i put on the night before saved a lot of damage. clutch lever bent, scrape on fairing, fairing cracked, scrape on windscreen and tail light on top side. rear handlebar shaved down, rear peg acted like another frame slider. left peg broke off scratched both left signals and clutch cover

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
ill make it brief...

went out for a ride with a buddy, he took off fast, i followed just behind him. he miss-shifted. i was still on gas when i noticed. tried to swerve and caught too much front brake, went down. frame slider i put on the night before saved a lot of damage. clutch lever bent, scrape on fairing, fairing cracked, scrape on windscreen and tail light on top side. rear handlebar shaved down, rear peg acted like another frame slider. left peg broke off scratched both left signals and clutch cover

I hope your ok. What kind of gear were you wearing?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I actually was talking to a guy the other day who said my bike looked mean, he was riding a Ninja zx12. I like the black and silver color the best, there is a dark red FZ6 for sale at my local bike dealer.. looks slow :)) hehehe
I have removed the whole rear fender, shortened the turn indicaters by about 1/2, built a bracket to mount the lic. plate up under the seat, pretty sure it's not legal but have not been stopped by the police yet. Will post a pic soon.
Insurance is cheap.. $270.00 Canadian Dollars a year. I only paid $4000.00 for the bike and it had less than 9000kms on the odemeter.
No new road kills to report, ashamed to say i have not been riding much in the last week, with Temps hovering in the 30C it's to hot to ride.
Terminator "what will the woodland creatures think" LOL It was 27 C here today. Beautiful. I cycled to work then rushed home and jumped on her (the bike) not the wife.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ill make it brief...

Mate are you ok?

re-pete

Reaction score
Visit site
It gets really humid here, so 30C feels like 40C you sweat just sitting there. It feels like you have a hair drier on high blowing in your face when it is this hot.
I'd rather not ride than be tempted to ride in shorts and t-shirts like the "Harley Morons" I see cruising around.

W

wrightme43

ill make it brief...

You doing ok man? I hope you get her fixed up soon.

Numpty

Reaction score
Visit site
just keeping the UK's end up mate.

My turn.I was just about to leave for a ride when i remembered i had forgotten my phone so i stopped started to push backwards with both feet when my right foot slipped on some liquid on the road,losing balance,i gracefully fell hanging on for dear life thinking s**t this is gunna hurt but all was ok i managed to lay the both of us down without a scratch and get up without anyone laughing there nuts off at me.:)