H.I.D xenon on my naked fz6

Live06

Reaction score
Visit site
they put the ballast under the tank, on top of the battery.
It is not screwed down to something. I heard a vibrating noise when at 4500RPM, so I am going to put a mousse around the ballast as shock absorber.
Hello,

Did you put a Bi-xenon or a single one ?
Would you have a picture of the back of the bulb when it is in place ?

It seems your ballast is "free" ?? it is not fixed to anything unless the wires ?

Thanks

galland1

Reaction score
Visit site
I used a kit with this bulb on the right side with the stock lowbeam in the left
55W H4 9003 DIGITAL bixenon HID bulbs

I have never been flashed at night and the low beam pattern is very good. I have observed my bike on the road from a car and while the beam is quite white it is in no way blinding. The highbeam will fry your eyes out though. That said a projector housing is the best way to go with HID.

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
I've decided NOT to install a retrofitted housing for 3 reasons.

First, I have driven for about 1500km with the H.I.D. kit, at daytime and at night. I did not get one reaction from other drivers that i'm blinding them. It seems not to bother them at all. at one time I was behind a cop bike, he gave me a friendly wave as I passed by him. No pullover, no bad reaction.

second, it is a fact that the standard housing scatters the light a little bit, but I feel more safe at night, knowing that other drivers sertenly spot me when I'm coming up from behind them. this was not allways the case with my standard lightbulb.

third, the scatterd light reflects like hell on the roadsigns 50m in front of me, making them a lot more readable at night.

I appreciate the effort for convincing me to do the retrofit, but as I see it, it has more advantages than disadvantages so I'm keeping the standard housing.:D

cheerio :)

Bit confused here Bram.You say that the beam from the light doesn't bother other drivers,yet it scatters light and reflects off road signs 150 feet in front of you :confused:

The majority of signs are at windscreen height or above,so that light has to be scattering around the inside of vehicles coming towards you.

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Bit confused here Bram.You say that the beam from the light doesn't bother other drivers,yet it scatters light and reflects off road signs 150 feet in front of you :confused:

The majority of signs are at windscreen height or above,so that light has to be scattering around the inside of vehicles coming towards you.

You got a very good point here. Haven't thought about it yet....

it does reflect on roadsigns that are higher than the average car. Maybe it does shine in the eyes of oncoming traffic, but not in a harmfull or blinding way.
Or maybe the people in Belgium are very tolerant about it.

either way, in the 13.000km that I have driven the fz6, I only had 2 drivers flashing their headlights at me. and that was when I came over a hill top, so the driver was in the direct path of the light, and not the scattered light.