Guys Help! How much is left on my tires?

Recluse420

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure how much farther I can push these based off of looks alone how many miles would you guess I have left? Trying to save a few bucks for Christmas money. They are RP3's. Thanks mates.

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like you have a decent amount of tread left. I would keep riding on it until you have less than 1/8" of tread left in those grooves.

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Are those cracks forming, ie dry rot, or peeling from excessive heat? Tread wear looks ok, but what pressure are you running in them?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to the forum! Looks like you joined in June but this is your first post. :)

There are tread wear indicators that are little nubs at various points on certain treads. Here is some more info that also helps you ID manufacturing date of tires: The Venturers - Yamaha Venture Technical Support Library

Since it looks like your compound has a something a little different going on I'd like you to do some further reading and research starting here because that specific tire had been written about on more than one occasion and I understand at some point recalled. http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/35444-michelin-pilot-road-3-here-4.html

Make sure keep pressure per spec. and see that you don't have a tire that was recalled. :)

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the same tire and they are great. Looks like plenty of tread. All tires have a date on them when they were manufacured. 12 11 would be December of 2011 I think if i remember correctly. The same with car tires. I always have my car tires matched up with same dates on all 4 tires. If the date is too old not good. But the tires look fine to me. I'm blind too. LOL. Just kidding.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I believe its week # then year.

Yup, 12 11 would be 12th week of 2011 :)

That's an odd thing happening to the compound for sure. Loads of tread left, but rubber looks to be breaking down. Does not look like dry-rut to me. :don'tknow:

Recluse420

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow great replies Thanks all. I got these puppies on at 12k miles and I'm about to hit 28k this week. I'm 140 pounds and ride all year rain or shine. No burnouts and not many hard starts. 33Psi front 36 rear.

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
That's some impressive mileage out of these tires. I bet the front has tons of life left? I'd go for 20K miles out of them, then take em off and use them for bragging rights. I have PR2's and will be ecstatic with 10K miles out of the rear.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That is a very interesting pattern across there. Was it on there when you bought it, or happen sense you bought it? I see you're north of me, its not like the pavement blistered those tires. . . Does the front look like that?

GASP - my tires shot at ~5400 miles! ::shakehead:

412fz6

Decepticon
Reaction score
Visit site
I would say you have plenty of tread left, I ran my PR3s till the center tread was pretty much gone, a little over 11k (see pic). That does look strange to me, whats going on there. I would definitely keep an eye on them considering some issues that have been reported about the PR3s. Regardless of the press, they were great for me, no problems at all.