fz6openexhaust2_zps9da268de.jpg

fz6openexhaust6_zpsd0b69518.jpg

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
OT / Warrior, had you gone in for one more step you woulda had it! By opening the EXIT pipe size up, i.e. replace the two long smaller runners with 1.25" to 1.5" ID and BAM! We have sound! When the velocity goes down the sound tends to get louder.

GLWS! (gentlemen)....

WarriorDog

Reaction score
Visit site
any reason you're selling it? how does it sound?

I got a Scorpion exhaust. This has been sitting in the garage for several years. Just cleaning out the garage..
It's a little louder than stock. You can tell the exhaust is opened up and the engine is breathing easier. More Umphh in the higher RPMS it seems.

TCSubaruDrift13

Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure if this is still for sale, or if you even check this thread. But Id LOVE some inside on what you did. As I want to do that same to my exhaust, and all the threads Iv read about De-Baffling has been useless lol

WarriorDog

Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure if this is still for sale, or if you even check this thread. But Id LOVE some inside on what you did. As I want to do that same to my exhaust, and all the threads Iv read about De-Baffling has been useless lol

On the bottom side of the muffler, I cut the whole bottom part with a plasma cutter. I just removed some of the material on the first wall and allowed the sound to come in and bounce around and exit. In hindsight I should have extended the exit pipes to the first wall and built the material back up to seal off the other two chambers. Some one earlier mentioned to pull the two exit pipes and replace them with a larger pipe for more sound. I welded the plate back in place when I was done.

WarriorDog

Reaction score
Visit site
I should have extended the exit pipes through the first wall (the red part)
I should have blocked off the pipe that takes the air to the rear chamber (the black part)
I should have replace those two exit pipes with larger diameter piping.
fz6%20open%20exhaust1%20air%20flow%201_zpspptu3hwx.jpg

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
These might sound old questions:
1. Doesn't increase performance, right?
2. Do you happened to have a video? I found one, but not sure it is the same sound.
3. Mine is FZ6 2008, so it should fit mine?

I'm interested in buying this, compared to messing the one I already have.

Last edited:

WarriorDog

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm interested in buying this, compared to messing the one I already have.

I haven't updated this post. No one seemed top be interested so I left it at a scrap yard.

I'm not sure that there are any actual performance gains by doing this. I know the sound is better. The butt dyno seemed to say it's a little peppier. Not sure if it's worth a whole day in the shop to get the little bit of umph! out of it.