Gunz! AR style

david323

Can't Re Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
168673_136114003119227_6521176_n.jpg

I went el-cheapo on mine since 1)I was doing it myself and didn't want to bust anything expensive, and 2)my wife wasn't exactly on-board with more guns in the house. Ended up with polymer Plum Crazy lower, CMMG upper, Olympus 16" SUM SS barrel 5.56, RRA BCG, VLTOR BCM Gunfighter charging handle, cheapo drop in rail, Magpul FDE furniture and a Primary Arms red dot (Aimpoint clone) on a quick detach mount.

OK, for the bad, the SUM barrel DOES NOT LIKE steel plinking ammo. Brass is great, but steel just gets stuck in there after about 30 rounds. I like the longer rails over the gas block and should've free floated instead of getting a drop in, but at least its fairly solid.

The good is WOW this thing is light. My shooting buddy has a full billet Quentin Defense AR and it is easily a couple pounds heavier than mine (although those QD lowers are sexy). Everyone gripes about polymer lowers, but I've had the gun together for a couple years now and have not had a single issue (besides, my Glocks are polymer). The Primary Arms red dot was $99 and it is dead on from 75yds in and tight groups at 100+. I would definitely check them out.

LesL60

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice guys! Very fun stuff to look at. Shooting them is even more fun. AR15 forum is a great resource for builds, too.

cranduit

Reaction score
Visit site
Depending on what you think unobtanium costs, Bravo Company has them in stock. Since it looks like you haven't picked up a BCM Gunfighter handle either, they have those too!

I have a full BCM mid upper with Stag lower that I built. DD rear sight, BCM mod 4 charging handle, and some Magpul stuff (CTR stock, MOE grip, mid length handguard).

If all goes according to plan, I will have an M&P 15-22 MOE in FDE on Friday too :rockon:

I will say after getting this, my AKgot way less use.

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Depending on what you think unobtanium costs, Bravo Company has them in stock. Since it looks like you haven't picked up a BCM Gunfighter handle either, they have those too!

I have a full BCM mid upper with Stag lower that I built. DD rear sight, BCM mod 4 charging handle, and some Magpul stuff (CTR stock, MOE grip, mid length handguard).

If all goes according to plan, I will have an M&P 15-22 MOE in FDE on Friday too :rockon:

I will say after getting this, my AKgot way less use.

I do have a charging handle, just forgot to list it. It's a cheapy for now, so we'll see how it works out for now.

That BCM BCG isn't too bad. It's a little on the high end of what I'm looking, though it's certainly an option. I'll have to keep my eye on that one.

red_rock_beetle

Reaction score
Visit site
I just finished my second AR piece by piece!

the first is a palmetto state upper and lower with a PSA lower build kit, chambered in .223 Wylde with a Widwest Industries 12" free float, covering a 24"AR Stoner bull barrel with rifle length gas system, the scope is a redfield revenge 6-18X44 this thing shoots 1/2 MOA at 100 yds

ar2.jpg

ar.jpg

this is the one that i just built, its meant to be thrown on a four wheeler and get beat around without regret. it is a Palmetto State lower and upper with a PSA lower build kit the trigger i have done some work on and have it feeling very sweet. it has a Yankee Hill Machine 12"free float covering a 16" barrel chambered in .300 blackout (I love this caliber) the scope is a Barska 3-9

49897E34-330D-48EB-8EBD-603467BB5EAE-5611-000004EB343AC209.jpg

2286757B-77EF-4366-90A6-413E64515364-5611-000004EB097F33EB.jpg

and my reloading setup, i make my own boom pills:BLAA:

A5C93CDA-9E03-478A-A35F-B390B70CD46B-5629-000004EC30DE3EF6.jpg

Last edited:

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
I just finished my second AR piece by piece!

the first is a palmetto state upper and lower with a PSA lower build kit, chambered in .223 Wylde with a Widwest Industries 12" free float, covering a 24"AR Stoner bull barrel with rifle length gas system, the scope is a redfield revenge 6-18X44 this thing shoots 1/2 MOA at 100 yds

I'm piecing mine together as well. I thought money was going to be my biggest limiting factor, but it's actually been part availability. At the same time, things seem to be coming into stock right around the same time I have money, so it's worked out pretty well!

I may do an AR10 in .308 next. We'll see, though.

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to see this thread has a breath of new life! I recently picked up a CMMG dedicated .22 LR upper and I'm waiting on the call from my FFL for the lower I just ordered.

I'll post pics when it's all put together.

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to see this thread has a breath of new life! I recently picked up a CMMG dedicated .22 LR upper and I'm waiting on the call from my FFL for the lower I just ordered.

I'll post pics when it's all put together.

I'm still planning on the dedicated .22 upper as well. I want to get my 5.56 upper done first, though, then I can blow stuff up while I'm saving up for the .22.