Group buy for Yamaha Lowered Seat

mojan

Reaction score
Visit site
Since we can't seem to purchase the seat from a dealer in Germany, I've contacted Wild Hair Accessories and they are willing to do a group buy.

from WHA:

"If you get 10 or more people together we are able to give you a 10% discount.
The price including shipping would be US$413.50
It has to be 10 or more. Everything under 10, 5% discount.

We will give you a time frame and an order code. Everybody who calls in to place an order for the seat during this time frame must mention the code, we will not ask for it. No code, no discount.
We will charge a 15% deposit, which is not refundable in case somebody cancels the order. The remaining amount will be charged when the seat arrive in our office.
Shipping time is approx 6 weeks.....

...price for 5-9 would be $434.25 delivered."

So, I'm in, anyone else? :rockon:

mojan

Reaction score
Visit site

bluerexy

Reaction score
Visit site
I think I'd be in if we get 10. I've been waiting for this seat and what do we pay? paypal or credit card or check?

mojan

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm interested but, $434.25 ... Does it say Harley Davidson on it? :rof:

I don't set the prices, I'm just trying to make the deal. I know it's overpriced, but IMHO I think most 'after market' seats/saddles are overpriced also. This just seems like the easiest solution to the problem my wife has with the FZ6. Her previous bike was an inch lower, and it made quite the difference in confidence.

Seems like there was much greater interest in the seat when Dan Katz got his through a friend of a friend from Germany.

We would still get a price break for 5 or more seats, so anyone who's interested, let me know. :rolleyes:

mojan

Reaction score
Visit site
I think I'd be in if we get 10. I've been waiting for this seat and what do we pay? paypal or credit card or check?

This wasn't specified. I just assumed credit card, but if and when you place your order, you could work that out with them.

I'm going to get the seat anyway, I'm just trying to get a price break, but at this point there doesn't seem to be enough interest. :(

Shafe716

Reaction score
Visit site
The only "Official" Yamaha seat I know of is the comfort seat and it's definately not worth $400+. Now if we were talking Bagster's or Corbin's you'd have my attention.

mojan

Reaction score
Visit site
The only \"Official\" Yamaha seat I know of is the comfort seat and it's definately not worth $400+. Now if we were talking Bagster's or Corbin's you'd have my attention.

Here's a quote from DanKatz who purchased this seat from Germany:

Re: Yamaha lowered FZ6 seat
Never got a reply from the dealer in Germany after emailing him in English...oh well...
Now, for my review. I have been wanting to get this seat for months...probably almost half a year. I must say that I have gotten used to the stock seat in the mean time. Going from a narrow and lower Ninja 500 (EX500) was a big change for me.
The lower seat is very comfortable and is shaped a little more curvy. The otherday I put the bike on the center stand as I always do when I fill up and seating on the bike it was much easier to get it off the center stand. Keep in mind that I have a Givi E52 trunk which tips my bike's weight distribution a little back when on the center stand. I have not ridden a long distance in this seat since most of my riding is commuting. The seat is noticeably lower and I can easily flat foot (I'm 5'8" with pants size inseam of 30"). Overall, I am happy with my purchase, but I do find it amusing that the longer and harder I looked for this seat the more time I had to get used to the stock seat which is not a bad seat. I am "small boned" and find that it is not even the seat height but the bike's width together with the seat height that make a difference for me. I must say that when I sat on the GSX650F with a 30.3" stated seat height it felt taller than my Ninja 500 with the 30.5" seat because of its width. In any case, now that I have my PUIG Sport screen, Motivation sliders, Givi trunk and lower seat I am all set with my mods. I would have liked to have dual headlight, but don't want to do the mod myself. I can get a baby out in an emergency C/S in about 2 minutes, but I feel wimpy when it comes to working on my bike.

Here's the link to the thread:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/product-reviews/2826-yamaha-lowered-fz6-seat-4.html

Here's the link to pics by steveindenmark:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/product-reviews/2826-yamaha-lowered-fz6-seat-2.html

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I brought the Yamaha lowered seat to the group last year.

It is an official Yamaha seat and is 3cm lower than the stock and is generally more rounded than the stock.

I think the seat is superb and miles, miles, miles better than the stock seat. I got it because I was always on tip toes. The bike now feels as though it belongs to me.

The furthest I have ridden in a day on it is 900km without any problems or discomfort.

I have posted pics of it on here before alongside the stock seat so if you search you should find it.

Although I love the seat, I think 413 dollars is very expensive`:spank: and I would go for the Bagster because you can have the seat lowered. After all the reports I have heard of the FZ6 Corbin seat, I would not touch it.

I am away in Italy for a week but when I get back I will see if I can do this seat a lot cheaper for you. I paid 125 euros, I think. But I know postage to the USA is expensive.

If anyone is interested PM me and I will look into it when I get back.

Steve