Grips?

H8 PVMT

lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
Thinking of getting new grips for the bike but I know nothing about 'em. Anyone have input on grips, brands and the like?

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
D3 grips from RideItMoto.com are very nice. Great Rizoma knock off and I believe as lot of members on here run them.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
the stock grips kind of stink, but with some grip puppies they're all good.

'Nuther Grip Puppy fan here. They slide over the stock grips. They reduce vibration, and make the grips slightly larger in diameter (very comfortable with my big hands), they also have more friction than the plastic stocks so you don't have to grip them so hard.

I installed my first set in 2007 and last winter the left-hand side started splitting (would've thought the throttle side would've worn out first) so I bought another set, but only replaced the left side, now I've got a spare to replace whichever side wears out next.

Probably my favorite, and cheapest, mod! :thumbup:

Mudkipz137

Reaction score
Visit site
'Nuther Grip Puppy fan here. They slide over the stock grips. They reduce vibration, and make the grips slightly larger in diameter (very comfortable with my big hands), they also have more friction than the plastic stocks so you don't have to grip them so hard.

I installed my first set in 2007 and last winter the left-hand side started splitting (would've thought the throttle side would've worn out first) so I bought another set, but only replaced the left side, now I've got a spare to replace whichever side wears out next.

I'm interested in these, I HATE how small in diameter the stock grips are. Are these pretty easy to put on, and with it overlapping over stock grips does it cause issues?

Do they have something to expand the diameter of grips, besides overlapping ones? Can you buy a thicker throttle tube? I dislike these small grips, it hurts my hand after a while.

Mud

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm interested in these, I HATE how small in diameter the stock grips are. Are these pretty easy to put on, and with it overlapping over stock grips does it cause issues?

Do they have something to expand the diameter of grips, besides overlapping ones? Can you buy a thicker throttle tube? I dislike these small grips, it hurts my hand after a while.

Mud

You have to wet the insides with soapy water, and then push them on from the ends; my thumbs are pretty sore once they're on. The second one went on a bit easier, even over my ThrottleMeister.
I don't know of a way to make them even bigger, 'cept a roll of duct tape. :D

Guitar Man

Keep moving!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
I put Pro Grips on mine and it made a world of difference. The stock ones are too hard. Definitely a simple cheap mod to do for some added comfort and reduced stress.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Lefty, I'm going the same route. Do you use any riser with the FZ! Bar?

Nope, I found the FZ1 bar to be perfect for me without any risers. I just did a 6 day 2600 mile ride in June without any back, neck or wrist aches. :thumbup:

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site

I'm having the same issue, the left started with a small cut and now is almost completely split.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Spider Grips! Bigger and many formulas! They are like glue to my glove! Yes, Also with FZ1 bars. . .

PEAK ROAD is shown here. . . Wicked Sticky Grips, nothing like stock!
picture.php