Grip Puppies!!

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
These were so cheap at $9.80 shipped, I had to give them a try.

They add a little thickness to the grip and a whole lot of comfort. I find myself gripping the handlebars much lighter now. Highway speeds feel really good.. cutting down some on vibration. The only drawback is they don't look super cool or racy, but hey it is worth it.

Thank you SD Willie for the suggestion

sabre

Reaction score
Visit site
I saw this last week at the local BMW Stealer. Thought they looked interesting but they were priced quite a bit higher than you paid. At that price I may give them a try.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
grip puppies are awsome.. best money ever spent.. i no longer get that "ringing" in my hands.. a must for anyone that does more than 100 miles a day.

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
I tried them and do not like the feeling. The grips felt too thick. I ended up getting ProGrip 699 gel grips and they are softer and a bit fatter than stock, but not as beefy as the GPs over the stock ones. The ProGrips also are slightly tacky and allow me to keep two fingers on the brake lever while maintaining a fairly light grip on the throttle.

Tim

razteo

Special Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I tried them and do not like the feeling. The grips felt too thick. I ended up getting ProGrip 699 gel grips and they are softer and a bit fatter than stock, but not as beefy as the GPs over the stock ones. The ProGrips also are slightly tacky and allow me to keep two fingers on the brake lever while maintaining a fairly light grip on the throttle.

Tim

I tried them both, the ProGrip are cool, but vibration wise can't hold a candle to the Grip Puppies.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I too have the grip puppies, work fine. I wanted a little more thickness on the grips for my big paws.

I have little hands & they worked great for me too. Got rid of the tingle in my right hand.

FB400....:confused: why don't you share the site where you got them for $9.80??

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I have little hands & they worked great for me too. Got rid of the tingle in my right hand.

FB400....:confused: why don't you share the site where you got them for $9.80??

Sure, here it is. I thought this company was the only place you could get them, my bad.

Motorcycle Parts and Accessories for the Sport Touring Enthusiast at Motorcycle Accessories from California Sport Touring, Inc.. I tried a link to the GP but it did not work. Just use the site search to find them.

yamahaha

that guy is fast
Reaction score
Visit site
what grips come stock on, say, on 06 fz6? my grips say "progrip" in small letters and say "super sport" around the ring on the inside part of the grip. Im assuming these arn't stock as they are pretty confortable. Would like to give the grip puppies a go but am a little worried they may not fit over aftermarket grips. anyone know?

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've used Grip puppies for over a year since I purchased my bike and they are nice! However, I recently took them off. I find that I don't need them anymore. I originally installed them because I was having pain in my hands after riding. They took care of that problem. But the source of the problem was me, gripping too hard. I don't seem to have any problems with hand pain anymore since ditching the death grip habit. I'll see how it goes. So far so good!

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I just ordered a pair. $9.80 shipped from CA to CT!

Joe

Be patient putting them on. At first I thought they would not fit. You'll just have to spend several minutes twisting them on. I found it helped to use a dry towel to grasp the puppy, otherwise it is harder to move them onto the grip. The instructions call for using soapy water. Took maybe 10 minutes to install both grips.

chaskell27

Reaction score
Visit site
I just ordered a pair too!!! I always seem to get that tingling in my right hand during long rides. and for $10 it's worth a try. Thanks for the heads up :thumbup:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Be patient putting them on. At first I thought they would not fit. You'll just have to spend several minutes twisting them on. I found it helped to use a dry towel to grasp the puppy, otherwise it is harder to move them onto the grip. The instructions call for using soapy water. Took maybe 10 minutes to install both grips.

Actually, if you spray a bunch of hair spray inside the grip, it should slip right on & when the hair spray dries...it acts like glue! But give it a couple of hours to dry before you ride. (And clean both grips before slipping the puppies on.) :D

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Of the thirteen mods I've done to my bike, the Grip Puppies were the best! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

gilesc

Reaction score
Visit site
I put a set of grip puppies on my 2008 FZ6 today (first mod) and I must say I am quite pleased. IMO they are much more comfortable than the factory grips alone and they do indeed dampen the felt vibrations in my hands. There is still some felt vibration but not near as much. I heartily recommend them!