Grip Change

Johnnylane

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm looking to make a change in grips to my FZ6. I suffer from carpal tunnel in my age and want to change to a larger diameter, softer grip to reduce that tingly, numb feeling I get after an hour or so. Also, I had a throttle side paddle grip long ago and can't seem to find anything like it save for the crampbuster.

Any thoughts for a change?

billm

Reaction score
Visit site
There's a thread on "Mods" that someone put up who installed a Throttlemeister bar end - it's used as a mechanical cruise control..........sort of.
Then you could take your rt. hand off/relax it for a few seconds to relieve that tingle/cramping/whatever. Your left hand can be taken off/relaxed any time.
There's another thread where someone installed a different type mech. as well & I like the looks of it.
Check out the Forum for these threads.
I couldn't find the thread covering this, but check out Throttlemeister Motorcycle Cruise Control, you might like these.

Last edited:

KUMAJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Also..........
Heavy bar-end weights reduce tingle. If you use OEM FZ6 bar, you can use FZR1000's(3GM) and YZF1000R's(4SV:Thunder Ace) one. Especially, Thunder Ace weight is extra heavy and there are possibility that some people fell dullness in handling. I'm using 3GM's and throttle locker at long time cruising on high way.

P/N of those are below
3GM:36Y-26246-00-00
4SV:4SV-26246-00-00

Last edited:

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
THeir website has always been like that. To be honest, i talked to them on the phone and was left with the impression that it was just a guy working out of his house but the prices were great and so was the airhorn i bought...i'd buy again and i did for these grips.

BH17

Reaction score
Visit site
THeir website has always been like that. To be honest, i talked to them on the phone and was left with the impression that it was just a guy working out of his house but the prices were great and so was the airhorn i bought...i'd buy again and i did for these grips.

Ya, i just recieved my grip puppies today and they are pretty easy to install and really soft. I wouldn't hesitate to buy again. Shipped really really fast also got it from cali in about 2 days. :rockon:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought a new set of grips called Progrip, the instructions calls for the grips to set for 24hrs after install. Great, my bike never sits longer than 12 hrs, it's my only ride. In fact, my consecutive days of riding every day since I purchased the bike which is now over 400 days, is still perfect.

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got you beat - I've got the ProGrips AND the Grip Puppies! Yeah my grips are FAT now!

I found that my throttle side grip shifted to the inside after my track day, so much so that it was pressing against the static part of the handlebar and working like a "cruise control" i.e. not self-closing. I pried it back a bit and it's been fine since. Probably just from hanging off on left hand turns ...

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
i got these grips...now i see why they're so cheap...i hope they last better than my last ones...they dont look like they would. :eek:

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
Dumb question for you guys that have grip puppies, but I just bought the grip puppies and tried to install them yesterday before work. I'm assuming you need to remove the bar ends to install them but what tool did you use to remove them? I had a hell of a time trying to get them off...thanks for the help...

/end dumb question