Great deal: Michelin Power Pure Rear: $80

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I saw this at 89.99 last night and was surprised. I know they're not going to sell something with date codes that are too old - that would be bad for business, but I'd guess they're getting close to 3 years. I'd be stupid not to buy one.

I'm sure the manufacturing date may end up being on the old side, but having learned about proper tire store and tire life, I would not be overly concerned. These tires do not yield a lot of miles (unless you're Kenny!) so even if they were manufactured 3 years ago and you use them for 1-2 season, it's a good deal.

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sure the manufacturing date may end up being on the old side, but having learned about proper tire store and tire life, I would not be overly concerned. These tires do not yield a lot of miles (unless you're Kenny!) so even if they were manufactured 3 years ago and you use them for 1-2 season, it's a good deal.

Agreed - When I was working with Avon North America - we had some old tires taking up space (We didn't send them out, they just sat in the back getting older) - let's just say they had some pretty poor inventory control standards. I'd assume motorcycle superstore is much better than we were.

It's always weird when the rear is cheaper than the front!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
They are trying to clear their overstock of the rear Pures for the PP3's. They stop producing the Pures so expect the date stamp to be on the older side. I have gone through at least 3 sets of the Pures, they were great tires. Regardless, great price and they probably will be much better tires than the tires that you already have on your bike.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Good find but I can't find a matching Pilot Pure front tire in the size we need: 120/70/17. Any one have luck locating the matching front? I dont' really want to mis-match but this is a great deal.

BlueMoON

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for sharing!

With a price like that I couldn't help but pull the trigger and then realized that my front tire (although in much better shape than the rear) is a Power 2CT.

So, how bad is it to have 2CT for the front and Pure for the rear tire?

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Good find but I can't find a matching Pilot Pure front tire in the size we need: 120/70/17. Any one have luck locating the matching front? I dont' really want to mis-match but this is a great deal.

As mentioned, this is a discontinued model, you will have difficulties finding the fronts but probably not impossible. The PP3's that took it's place has a much more aggressive tire pattern. FWIW, I still have the Pure on the rear, with the newer PP3's up front. I'm planning on replacing the rear with a PP3. But tempting to go with the Pure for that price.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
great tires. You don't need to match fronts unless you're OCD

I have no problem mis-matching with a comparable tire. Would the Pilot Power 2CT on front be a good match? That's what I have now and it's been my favorite tire to date on this bike! Now the tire is back up to $100. I may just wait since my current tires should last this season.