Got to play around with a Ford GT :D

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
On my way to help a friend move i was on ga 400 wich is notorious for crazy fast speeds as well as traveling through and to richer parts of town, well i spotted a white ford gt getting on the expressway and i had about 7 miles to go before i had to get off so i figured id try to have some fun. There were hardly any cars around so i pulled up beside him and revved up my bike. We were traveling about 75 mph and i was in 3rd gear i dont think he down shifted although its hard to tell with how loud my exhaust is plus the fact that i had earplugs in but he took off first and i was right behind him. I pulled about 3 car lengths on him until we were going about 130ish when we slowed for traffic. We went back and fourth at it a couple times but everytime after that first go round when we hit it we were neck and neck. I imagine that if he was to downshift more on take off he woyld have pulled ahead of me instead of being pretty much even and me pulling ahead of him. But i noticed he had a female companion with him in the passenger seat so maybe he didnt want to scare her but either way it was fun to test out the 6 against a "supercar". I would really like to have played around with him from a dig to see what the 6 could do that way or better yet met him up in the mountians, but like i said either way it was fun

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If he was a true enthusiast, he wouldn't pushed his lady out of the car to drop the weight :rof:

j/k of course. I'd love to drive that car one day.

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice! I'm taking care of a private collection here in West Palm. Part of the collection is in NY state. Few of the NY cars are coming my way this week... one of them is a mid 60's Cobra. (Original of course) Can't wait to put my hands on that one... and take her for a gentle spin around the block!

HP to weight ratio is hard to beat on a cycle. Glad you had fun without getting in too much trouble.

DDS

Reaction score
Visit site
Ford GT 0-60 is rated at around 3.5 seconds and it's 1/4 mile at 11 seconds

FZ6 0-60 is around 3.5 seconds and 1/4 mile is around 11.5 seconds

Pretty even match if you both got perfect launch!

Just lets not mention that the GT's top speed is 212 mph so anything after 1/4 mile you'd be left for dead

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Honestly i was kunda surprised he didnt spank me.from a roll but like i said i dont think he downshifted, if he did it.prolly woulda been ugly for me lol. But if he was like the 75% of the people who can afford the car in the first place then he didnt know his a$$ from a hole in the ground when it comes to cars, racing, or cars in general lol

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
I've seen a couple of them at track days. Can be quick when driven well but are very capable of biting when not. Saw one "back" thru the infield due to the driver getting on it too hard coming out of a high speed sweeper - back end came around and he went off the inside at about 80. Back of the car bounced about three feet in the air but was unhurt other than a slightly bent rear diffuser.

7UPyours

Reaction score
Visit site
he is probably on his way to trade the car in as he didn't beat you, and as it was said, just cuz you can afford it doesn't mean you can drive it.

Sparkybean

Reaction score
Visit site
A lot of my friends are loaded and have super fast expensive cars. After taking them out on my first bike (the old shape fazer 600) all of them were like "WHOOAAAAAH that's quick!! How much does one of these cost"? When the reply of '£2000' comes back at them, they can not believe the bang for your buck you get on a bike, when they have spent 40 times that and are slower than me.

It was even better when I got an SV1000 that cost £2700. That thing pulled like a train immediately no having to wait for the revs to pick up. Then they hated me, the lowest earner having the quickest machine by a mile!

Last edited:

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Let me set this straight before people rag on me about it. Im 19 years old a huge car/bike enthusiast and NOT RICH. im somewhere in the middle class...ish, i guess. anyway, my stepdad knows these two guys that own an exotic car company in maine, and one of them showed up at my house in transit from texas to maine in a 2006 Ford GT (blue). i asked him if i could sit in it for a while. he said he would one up me, threw me the keys, and asked if i could drive a stick. long story short i was white knuckle scared the whole time. i only drove it a couple of blocks around the hood. very pleasant and easy to drive, but tons of power. let me see if i can find/get the pics up of the car.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/phot...553424076/n553424076_2028828_7475941.jpg?dl=1

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/phot...553424076/n553424076_2028829_3781170.jpg?dl=1

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Let me set this straight before people rag on me about it. Im 19 years old a huge car/bike enthusiast and NOT RICH. im somewhere in the middle class...ish, i guess. anyway, my stepdad knows these two guys that own an exotic car company in maine, and one of them showed up at my house in transit from texas to maine in a 2006 Ford GT (blue). i asked him if i could sit in it for a while. he said he would one up me, threw me the keys, and asked if i could drive a stick. long story short i was white knuckle scared the whole time. i only drove it a couple of blocks around the hood. very pleasant and easy to drive, but tons of power. let me see if i can find/get the pics up of the car.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/phot...553424076/n553424076_2028828_7475941.jpg?dl=1

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/phot...553424076/n553424076_2028829_3781170.jpg?dl=1

OK.. I'm jealous!

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
As much as i dislike fords i would still love to drive a gt! A supercar is a supercar no matter what badge it has on it

lazerfazer

Reaction score
Visit site
haha i can relate to this, i've only ever rev'd challenged a Porsche (not sure what it was, but its a Porsche; they are all built for racing...) and vettes...

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lol Yup i do consider myself lucky to be alive thats why i try to live every day to fullest, or atleast try to have some fun everyday

You should be ashamed of yourself.

...for not having an iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I know i know ive lost many a nights sleep over it just please o please dont ban me, cruisify me, or castrate me for it not being what you like PLEASE i beg of you