Got snubbed today by everyone

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Had a strange ride home.... not one person waved. Most days almost everyone waves when they pass, whether they're on a Gixxer or a Harley. Today - nothin. I must have passed like 15 bikes and waved at them all. Got nothing in return. You'd think everyone would be in a cheerful mood and waving like crazy people with the warm weather and sunshine we've been having up here lately.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Was it windy down there today? Wind makes people grumpy.

Nope, the weather was perfect! 70 degrees, calm, sunny, etc. Just one of those days...

I agree; I get grumpy in the wind too. It's an extra distraction I don't need when trying to focus on all the people around me that are out to kill me. But not today, it was really calm.

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Travis:
handwav1.gif

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
I noticed that the last couple times i've ridden also. People go out of there way to not even look at you. You know they see you, it's impossible for a rider to not notice another rider.

mellofelow

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I'm guilty of this sometimes. I do when I can... honest! It's just that often in traffic, I focus within 2 lanes of my direction and often miss the on-coming rider until they're next to me with their hand up. I react immediately and wave but probably too late.

It's one of my bad riding habit I think... not to look farther ahead and scan. But when I do encounter another rider, I'm usually the first to wave.

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Nope, the weather was perfect! 70 degrees, calm, sunny, etc. Just one of those days...

I agree; I get grumpy in the wind too. It's an extra distraction I don't need when trying to focus on all the people around me that are out to kill me. But not today, it was really calm.

i found it a bit windy in the afternoon in sjc. requires more concentration, and i'm less inclined to take a hand off yhe bar. so i just nodded at a couple of riders today.

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Really? How can you feel anything behind that spinnaker? :Flip: :justkidding: :ban:

Ha ha! That setup works great when the air is still, but when there is wind, it doesn't work as well. Plus, there's always the buffeting with wind (although that's also reduced with a big shield).