Got my VS-2 Kit today.

Bakchos

Yamahaha
Reaction score
Visit site
dont worry about mine, i went to Ace, $2 solved the issue. thanks for the follow up.

So I have the kit installed. It seems to sit off center slightly. The left plastic portion where the blinker is held on touches the fork, but on the right side it doesn't. Anyway ideas on adjustments? Also, this might be a stupid question (it's late and I'm tired) but the mirrors, do you need to take off the grips and everything to slide them on? Or do you just bend them and clamp them?

Dont bend them, they will snap, you have to take the grips off.

What i did is go to Yamaha dealer and bought a pair of ATV mirror brackets, they have ones with the clip that you can separate to install.

dev_usc

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
dont worry about mine, i went to Ace, $2 solved the issue. thanks for the follow up.

So I have the kit installed. It seems to sit off center slightly. The left plastic portion where the blinker is held on touches the fork, but on the right side it doesn't. Anyway ideas on adjustments? Also, this might be a stupid question (it's late and I'm tired) but the mirrors, do you need to take off the grips and everything to slide them on? Or do you just bend them and clamp them?

Sorry you will have to remove the grips to install the mirror mounts. I know its not very convenient and I am trying to find a reliable vendor who can provide the mirror mounts that come in two parts which you can install without removing the grips...

To make the headlight perfectly aligned you just need to loosen the two M6x40MM bolts that hold the stay to forks/frame and align the stay (move little left or right) and tighten the bolts again...

vontod

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry you will have to remove the grips to install the mirror mounts. I know its not very convenient and I am trying to find a reliable vendor who can provide the mirror mounts that come in two parts which you can install without removing the grips...

To make the headlight perfectly aligned you just need to loosen the two M6x40MM bolts that hold the stay to forks/frame and align the stay (move little left or right) and tighten the bolts again...

This is a very simple problem solving item:

Tükörtartó

Tükörtartó - Futármotorosbolt

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site

Check these out.

handlebar mirror mount 10mm 7/8" aluminum clamp silver | eBay

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
When I put the Fz1 headlight I put on a FZ1n Clutch Perch which already had the mount for a mirror and drilled and tapped the brake fluid side for a mirror. I really was not wanting to add extra mirror mounts to the bars.

grips3.jpg

photo2-2.jpg

photo3-2.jpg

Here is where I got the clutch perch, way better way to go IMO.

FS: FZ1 (N) Clutch Perch with Mirror Mount - FZ1OA Message Board

p-dawger

Reaction score
Visit site
When I put the Fz1 headlight I put on a FZ1n Clutch Perch which already had the mount for a mirror and drilled and tapped the brake fluid side for a mirror. I really was not wanting to add extra mirror mounts to the bars.

grips3.jpg

photo2-2.jpg

photo3-2.jpg

Here is where I got the clutch perch, way better way to go IMO.

FS: FZ1 (N) Clutch Perch with Mirror Mount - FZ1OA Message Board

So what does the other side look like? Why not just get the brake mount with the mirror hole already tapped?