Got my VS-2 Kit today.

hey question are the nut springs supposed to fit in the slots? they seem to be too big and fit awkwardly

I'm pretty sure the nut springs are 2 different sizes...one should fit the slot in your third picture a little better, but I also remember it not being an exact fit.

In your second picture, try rotating the piece 90 degrees from the way you have it.

Be careful with these and don't bend them too much; I managed to screw one of mine up to the point where one of the fairing bolts got completely stuck in it.

I thought they'd be different sizes but, they're all the same size. It just doesn't seem right. About turning the one 90 degrees, tried that too and doesn't fit any better. You'd think they'd be cut to fit in the slots

I thought they'd be different sizes but, they're all the same size. It just doesn't seem right. About turning the one 90 degrees, tried that too and doesn't fit any better. You'd think they'd be cut to fit in the slots

Hi Jrexer...This is not right. Looks like the warehouse mixed the parts. Please continue for the time being. I will ship you NEW ones for FREE.
Can you please email me your info so I can ship it right away...Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Jrexer...This is not right. Looks like the warehouse mixed the parts. Please continue for the time being. I will ship you NEW ones for FREE.
Can you please email me your info so I can ship it right away...Sorry for the inconvenience.

I also got the wrong ones, and managed to snap some of the plastic off trying to get them on, luckily I was able to use a washer on the backside of the plastic that the nutsprings go on, seems to be just fine.

I also got the wrong ones, and managed to snap some of the plastic off trying to get them on, luckily I was able to use a washer on the backside of the plastic that the nutsprings go on, seems to be just fine.

I did the same thing, i broke one plastic tab on the light, and i had to screw them without inserting them (usinf them like normal nut)

i had 3 different kind of them.

I am really sorry WeeShoo and Bakchos....
If you would like I can ship you guys the correct ones too...

How about all the harnesses that were unplugged to take the fairing off.. Are we taking those harnesses off the old fairing and using them with the kit? I did see a wiring diAgram in the instructions for the headlight/turn signals but what about the speedo etc?

Last edited:
How about all the harnesses that were unplugged to take the fairing off.. Are we taking those harnesses off the old fairing and using them with the kit? I did see a wiring diAgram in the instructions for the headlight/turn signals but what about the speedo etc?

Yes you use it, you need to hide the wires behind the headlight, enough room, you have to take the high beam wire and add it to the low beam wire plug, its in the instructions.

Are you gonna send them? Been 7 days since I last inquired and have heard nothing..thanks for the update. bike has been sitting around for a week and a half and ansy to get riding!

Are you gonna send them? Been 7 days since I last inquired and have heard nothing..thanks for the update. bike has been sitting around for a week and a half and ansy to get riding!

I am really sorry for the delay... i checked with the warehouse and the entire lot of over 100 pcs is wrong size.. I am expecting the correct ones by tue-wed.. I will ship out as soon as I get the correct ones.. I am really sorry for this..

I am really sorry for the delay... i checked with the warehouse and the entire lot of over 100 pcs is wrong size.. I am expecting the correct ones by tue-wed.. I will ship out as soon as I get the correct ones.. I am really sorry for this..

no problem, understand things come up! thanks for the update :thumbup:

Home Depot or Lowes might have clip nuts that are compatible. Also you could file or grind your current ones smaller.

Most of those spring clips are tempered so when you grind them and they heat up you might distemper them. Probably best to find ones that fit. Try your local automotive store hardware section. There used to be many of those type clips in all sizes used in automotive.

I got the same clips, I gently spread the clip open so it would still have enough tension to stay in place but enough to fit over the groove in the headlight tab. Since they came in 2 or 3 different sizes I played around with the placement of each until it worked the best and installed it. As long as the nut on the clip lines up with the hole it should be fine.
I finished my install late last night and friggin love it! For the price of that kit and the quality of the parts, you cant beat it.

I got the same clips, I gently spread the clip open so it would still have enough tension to stay in place but enough to fit over the groove in the headlight tab. Since they came in 2 or 3 different sizes I played around with the placement of each until it worked the best and installed it. As long as the nut on the clip lines up with the hole it should be fine.
I finished my install late last night and friggin love it! For the price of that kit and the quality of the parts, you cant beat it.

Sorry Discobiscuit.. Your kit was already shipped out by the time warehouse was able to figure out the nut-springs were a problem and before they could get the right ones from yamaha.. :spank: :spank:
The correct ones are in stock and I am shipping out to everyone who needs it at my expense... :cheer: :cheer:

Thanks for your kind words.. I am really happy you are loving the kit...

Sorry Discobiscuit.. Your kit was already shipped out by the time warehouse was able to figure out the nut-springs were a problem and before they could get the right ones from yamaha.. :spank: :spank:
The correct ones are in stock and I am shipping out to everyone who needs it at my expense... :cheer: :cheer:

Thanks for your kind words.. I am really happy you are loving the kit...

dont worry about mine, i went to Ace, $2 solved the issue. thanks for the follow up.

So I have the kit installed. It seems to sit off center slightly. The left plastic portion where the blinker is held on touches the fork, but on the right side it doesn't. Anyway ideas on adjustments? Also, this might be a stupid question (it's late and I'm tired) but the mirrors, do you need to take off the grips and everything to slide them on? Or do you just bend them and clamp them?

Last edited:
Back