Got my VS-2 Kit today.

WeeShoo

Reaction score
Visit site
I love it, it looks great! Will be posting pics and a review. I am having an issue with the stock bracket that is in place that the horn mounts to. I talked with dev_usc on the phone and he helped me a lot, but I know I still have the horn in the wrong place, the bolt on top makes contact with the stay, and it effects the sound of the horn it mutes it. I was wondering if anyone else with the kit could take a close-up picture of where the stay mounts onto the forks with the two bolts and spacers showing how they have their horn, I would greatly appreciate it!

fordfanmatt

Reaction score
Visit site
I love it, it looks great! Will be posting pics and a review. I am having an issue with the stock bracket that is in place that the horn mounts to. I talked with dev_usc on the phone and he helped me a lot, but I know I still have the horn in the wrong place, the bolt on top makes contact with the stay, and it effects the sound of the horn it mutes it. I was wondering if anyone else with the kit could take a close-up picture of where the stay mounts onto the forks with the two bolts and spacers showing how they have their horn, I would greatly appreciate it!

I mounted it in front of the fairing stay. It fits perfectly under the fork cross member. And the wires still reach.

p-dawger

Reaction score
Visit site
Will the larger windscreen work with this kit...the OEM euro naked bike version?

What is the difference between this and the FZ1 headlight?

WeeShoo

Reaction score
Visit site
Will the larger windscreen work with this kit...the OEM euro naked bike version?

What is the difference between this and the FZ1 headlight?

P-Dawger, as far as the larger windscreen working I am not sure. This headlight kit was manufactured for the FZ16 which is a bike on the market in India, but you can retrofit it onto the FZ6, the difference as far as I know is price, and how the headlight looks. With the FZ1 headlight, you have to do quite a bit more modifications in order to get it to mount onto the forks, as the mounting bracket is manufactured for the front end of the FZ1.

WeeShoo

Reaction score
Visit site
2ymddfr.jpg

Got it all put together!

timmers427

Reaction score
Visit site
so whats the review on the kit? It seems really cheap for what you get. almost to good to be true. Im about a click away from buying it and just was curious about it.

LeaN69

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been waiting for mine almost 3 weeks now since I ordered it through Nubz, I guess you are more fortunate then me, Im about to just give up and make my own as much as i like the VS2

dev_usc

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been waiting for mine almost 3 weeks now since I ordered it through Nubz, I guess you are more fortunate then me, Im about to just give up and make my own as much as i like the VS2

Hi LeaN69.. I am so sorry to hear that. I am having some problems with delivery as Yamaha Asia is having some supply issues on some parts....

BUT all the orders till JUNE 12 have been SHIPPED.... Please give me your information so I can check whats going on... again I am really sorry for the delay...

LeaN69

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi LeaN69.. I am so sorry to hear that. I am having some problems with delivery as Yamaha Asia is having some supply issues on some parts....

BUT all the orders till JUNE 12 have been SHIPPED.... Please give me your information so I can check whats going on... again I am really sorry for the delay...

No worries, It's alright, I will PM you.

Thank you.

dev_usc

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Hi Rus.. You mentioned the order was placed 3 weeks back.. but I received the order from NUBZ on June 14 just three days back...

I sincerely apologize for the confusion... I will check with NUBZ to see what is going on and if they have any bugs in their website..

thx

Last edited:

wely324

Reaction score
Visit site
I got the VS-2 as well and it looks awesome, only thing is I'm not getting my high beams/brights. I didn't have time to look at the kit, but anyone have an idea to help me fix this? did I miss something when putting the new headlight on.

Thanks

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You're up late! Hahaha!

From the bike, there should be a black wire with a green stripe, that is your low beam. The black wire with the yellow stripe is your high beam. The black wire is the ground. You should have 3 spades on a plug that runs your headlamp. If you can see the plug, from the back, the left spade will be ground, the middle/top spade will be low beam and the right spade will be high beam. Note: this is if the configuration of the lamp is the same as most if not all H4 type lamps. Note: I believe you have a 35/35 watt lamp if you ever replace it you need to replace it with a 35 watt lamp. The standard h4 lamp in the US is 55/65 watt or higher. If you switch to a 55/65 watt you need a headlight mod to keep the 55/65 watt lamp from overheating.