GOT IT!! - Haynes

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
th_4751.jpg

Hard to get. I'll throw a party for anybody else who got this book! Don't you DARE tell me you bought it from a store!! I had to jump off a 600 ft cliff to get this!!

Claud is reading it now. Thus far, he says it has almost all the information from the factory manuals we have on FZ6-FORUM.COM, but Haynes seems to "translate" more words.

There's plenty of COPYRIGHT material in the book, which means I'll have to explain everything from it in my own words!! Isn't that wonderful?

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
AWESOME!! Claud finished reading the book!

He's looking down at me...uhh...uh oh. He seems worried about something.

On a positive side, the HAYNES manual has more pictures and descriptions. There are more clarifications behind every step, plus handy reminders for each task.

One problem: Haynes takes the LONG WAY.

When HAYNES builds their guides, they take pictures and notes as they're TOTALLY DISASSEMBLING the vehicle. In a way, that's a great thing for the sake of added description, but you're going to need more time to completely remove certain parts.

Here's an example (you can check it out yourself).

REMOVING SPARKPLUGS (North American S or S2 Model)

FACTORY GUIDE: You remove a couple of radiator hoses and take the plugs out. Minimal amounts of pictures or descriptions are provided here.

HAYNES GUIDE: You remove the fairings, fuel tank, airbox, radiator (draining coolant first) and then you can finally take the plugs out. More pictures, descriptions, references and tool explanations; more unnecessary steps.

Perhaps we could startup a MECHANICAL SHORTCUT Topic? Where we post discovered shortcuts to complete jobs? I know a couple already...

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
AWESOME!! Claud finished reading the book!

.....On a positive side, the HAYNES manual has more pictures and descriptions. There are more clarifications behind every step, plus handy reminders for each task.

One problem: Haynes takes the LONG WAY.

When HAYNES builds their guides, they take pictures and notes as they're TOTALLY DISASSEMBLING the vehicle. In a way, that's a great thing for the sake of added description, but you're going to need more time to completely remove certain parts.
Perhaps we could startup a MECHANICAL SHORTCUT Topic? Where we post discovered shortcuts to complete jobs? I know a couple already...

I love Haynes manuals, maybe because I'm such a mechanical Numpty, but even I could do it :thumbup:

BranNwebster

The UNO Master
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't justify buying this, could it be better than the free service manual we already have? Although being on paper would make it some good bedside reading material. I love manuals and maps. Of course everything is going digital.:(

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't justify buying this, could it be better than the free service manual we already have? Although being on paper would make it some good bedside reading material. I love manuals and maps. Of course everything is going digital.:(

Printers are a great solution for this.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Printers are a great solution for this.

I downloaded the FZ6 Onwers, Assembly & Service manual off the net...took them all to work on disc, and printed the lot! Used the Binder from work to make them into a nice book...now i have excellent "reading material"...i love the internet!

Would love to see the Haynes Manual...doubt they would find it very amusing though if scanned pages started appearing on the net....Lol!

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If I'm doing a job I just tend to print off the relevant pages and take them with me. Nothing worse than a laptop covered in grease.:eek:

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not that difficult. I think you can get it on Amazon now.

I saw it in Germany...in English... last week but am happy to have the workshop CD off e-Bay for a fraction of the price of the Haynes.

Steve

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
I just purchased this manual from the Haynes website. Looks like a lot of useful specific information AND pictures!! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Only way to go is to have a genuine, BOUND, hard copy of a manual. All the other stuff starts ripping getting loose, missing, tattered, frustrating, etc. Spend the big bucks!

A

Aggietaco

Only way to go is to have a genuine, BOUND, hard copy of a manual. All the other stuff starts ripping getting loose, missing, tattered, frustrating, etc. Spend the big bucks!

I beg to differ. I have ALWAYS used a printed and 3 ring bound version of the FSM for all of my vehicles. If one sheet gets so bad that you can't read it anymore through the grease, you just print a new one and voila. It's been my experience that Haynes and Chilton's manuals are crap and not worth the cheap paper they are printed on (unless you don't have the FSM and are in a bind).

Hell, the FSM that went with the buyer of my '84 Toyota a few weeks ago was probably 5# heavier due to the grease, dirt, and metal flakes that were impregnated in the pages.

swerve9031

Reaction score
Visit site
th_4751.jpg

Hard to get. I'll throw a party for anybody else who got this book! Don't you DARE tell me you bought it from a store!! I had to jump off a 600 ft cliff to get this!!

Claud is reading it now. Thus far, he says it has almost all the information from the factory manuals we have on FZ6-FORUM.COM, but Haynes seems to "translate" more words.

There's plenty of COPYRIGHT material in the book, which means I'll have to explain everything from it in my own words!! Isn't that wonderful?

Had mine for a couple of months now.... got it off Fleabay!