Got a new job finally moving out of Houston

BranNwebster

The UNO Master
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got a job offer yesterday and of course I told them yes. It's not to far away so I get to commute until my oldest son gets out of the first grade. It's in Freeport about 50 miles southwest of here. I'll probably live in Lake Jackson, when I do move and no more Houston! I can't stand living here way to many people, horrible traffic and what ever else comes with living in an area with 3 million people. I lived in Lake Jackson before, years ago back in the early 90's, it's an area of about 50k when you add in Clute, Surfside, Freeport, and other little communities. The wife and I are pretty excited about moving there.

The job is awesome. The facility is only a couple of years old and the company is treats employees very well. Since I have 15+ years experience they brought me in at 13 years time in service which gives me 4 weeks of paid vacation, that's a big WOW! That's on top of 10 holidays, and 10 sick days. After I work 7 years that gives me 20 time in service and I get a fifth week of vacation. The job is also a 4 10 schedule Monday through Thursday.

Now I have the dreaded job of putting in my notice at my current job. My boss is going to freak out.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey that is great Brandon! Lake Jackson is a wonderful area. You're right Houston sucks.

Rachelle has been working in Houston since late September. She's been commuting each week and staying with her sister. Two weeks ago we got her moved into an apartment, she was going to kill her sister. :rolleyes: The thing is she loves Houston, I've no idea why....

Enjoy the new job, sounds like a great employer.

Skeezix

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats. After I moved to Houston in 2006, all I wanted to do was leave! Sounds like a great company and a great position. Be thankful you have this opportunity....don't worry about your old boss. Again, congratulations.

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
good luck on your new appointment. dont worry about your old boss. one thing i learned about bosses is that no matter how much you work or how much they like you, if the time comes to fire people, they wont give a snot and fire you.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
congrats... sounds like a killer job especially with all the vacation time.. take some pics of the new area when you get a chance.. :)

tweak89

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, can't say Lake Jackson is a big upgrade from Webster other than traffic concerns. :p

But, you are only a few minutes from the CR42/Cow Creek Rd/Brazos Bend run.

If you seen an all black FZ6 with a belly pan on it whizzing down 288 it's probably me!

BranNwebster

The UNO Master
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, can't say Lake Jackson is a big upgrade from Webster other than traffic concerns. :p

But, you are only a few minutes from the CR42/Cow Creek Rd/Brazos Bend run.

If you seen an all black FZ6 with a belly pan on it whizzing down 288 it's probably me!

You'll have to let me know where these roads are.

Traffic is the #1 concern.

I'll keep look out for you.

BranNwebster

The UNO Master
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like houston!!!

So did I when I was single and in my 20's. Houston is one of the best places to live for nightlife and meeting the opposite sex. But after living in small towns like Craig Colorado, Weatherford, Texas, and not so small Ogden Utah, I just got accustomed to a slower pace. That and crime in Houston sucks.