GoPro Mounting

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
So I turned 36 yesterday and my girlfriend got me a gopro hero! She's a keeper, huh? lol Curious to know where others mount their camera. I actually don't like the idea of it being on my helmet and would probably rather have it in a stationary position. So where do you all mount it?

I use the suction cup mount and place it onto the top of the tank ahead of the filler cap.
Upside / downside it captures the clocks and speed ..... so caution when your showing your friends and family ......for instance.... " how fast are you travelling " ?!?!
This position give easy access to operate the camera, if your stopping recording for villages etc. Also it breaks the recording making it easier to edit through imovie.
I have also reversed the camera looking back at myself which is interesting, although not much of the scenery to be seen.

i bought a handlebar mount ans have had it on:
- handlebars (good view of speedo and road, or of yourself)
- mirrors
- pillion grab handles (centred and hanging off to one side)
- passenger foot pegs

you can have it facing forwards or backwards too have a look on yourtube for some ideas too

I used the mount the camera came on in the box (had to cut it out) and screwed it to the bottom of my fairing under the headlights. I also used a cable tie just in case the 2 screws came out. The screws are actually 2 1/4" bolts, nuts, and washers, but I don't have pics of those. Here's a vid, you have to look REAL close to see the mount. This was all done with the GoPro...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWKx56lzg_0]GoPro_Mount_3-15-2012b .divx - YouTube[/ame]

Here are some pics (not taken with the GoPro) of the mount and with it mounted as well...

I have mounted mine on:

• Tank
  • Windscreen
  • Fairing
  • Handlebars
  • Rear cowl
  • Tank bags
  • Subframe
  • Etc...

Just be creative and have fun!

In addition to the others posted you can put it on the tail, and I put a sticky mount on the swingarm. I'm not too impressed with the swing arm tho but facing backwards could be good. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah5ewh0K2AU]Gropro swingarm - YouTube[/ame]

Putting it on the tail with the suction cup works although the cup is a little too big. It still holds well but I tethered it anyway. Gives you a motogp style butt shot or facing backwards captures your buddies.

I used the mount the camera came on in the box (had to cut it out) and screwed it to the bottom of my fairing under the headlights. I also used a cable tie just in case the 2 screws came out. The screws are actually 2 1/4" bolts, nuts, and washers, but I don't have pics of those. Here's a vid, you have to look REAL close to see the mount. This was all done with the GoPro...

That's a really good idea. I may have to steal it!

I usually used mine mounted on top of the helmet or on the tank (suction cup).
yesterday night I was bored, went to the garage, looked around for some metal plates and bolts and made ghetto style mount.
Mounted on my givi backplate:
gopro%2520mount.jpg

My idea for mount at the back is that I want to see myself and analyze after the ride which mistakes I made (I am now anal about my body positioning after taking Lee Park's Total Control) and I wanted to be able to reach the camera easy to turn it on/off (did not want to spend $100 for wifi remote).

Material cost - $0, got all my parts from my junk bin.
Tools - drill, metal grinder.
Time - about 30 min.

I just got a GoPro HD2 today and was wondering where to mount it as well. There are some great ideas here. Thanks.

I ended out using GTPAddict's idea and mounted it under the front cowling. I made shallow holes in a flat mount and secured it with screws/nuts. I also added a tether to the fairing stay for some extra security. Here's a pic of the mount:

gopromount.jpg

The videos turn out great from that location, I think. Here's a short one I took a month ago or so:

[youtubevid]bcKh1A4lpTc[/youtubevid]

Last edited:
Someone here posted a vid from a fork-mounted Go Pro. I really liked that angle. The low perspective was exciting, and the it captured the front suspension travel, giving a visual sense of the mechanics involved.

Joe

I like the video from under the front fairing, it look really good.

I've seen a couple ways to mount it to your helmet, front, top, and side that I am thinking about experimenting with as well. I'm just wondering how much drag or noise you would get from them being mounted. They aren't all that aerodynamic. :p

Back