Goodbye FZ

gjpollman

Reaction score
Visit site
Well it was a good year of ownership but after developing tendonitis in my wrist and my ongoing dealing with intervertebral disk syndrome I needed to move on to something a little more upright... So as of this weekend I am the proud owner of a 2009 Victory Hammer

2010-10-30_11-13-13_882.jpg

This forum has been a big help during my ownership of the FZ and hopefully I will find similar on the Victory side.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Well congrats on the new ride. I was beginning to think, from the beginning of your post, that you were giving up riding. That's a sweet ride for sure

gjpollman

Reaction score
Visit site
NEVER will I give up riding (regardless of back pain) but the Victory still keeps that sporty style I like but is way more comfortable... or so I hope, we will find out once there is a good weekend here in VA for me to put some miles on.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting. I rode that exact bike and found it to be much more punishing on my back than FZ6. Hope it treats you well. It certainly looks and sounds awesome!

gjpollman

Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting. I rode that exact bike and found it to be much more punishing on my back than FZ6. Hope it treats you well. It certainly looks and sounds awesome!

I do find the suspension stiffer than the FZ but I think for me the main improvement is the riding position, I have gorilla arms so I end up sitting very upright on the bike versus locking my arms out with the FZ or leaning over

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like a nicely designed cruiser. Interesting that it has inverted forks! Look great!
Don't leave the forum. There are lots of us with different bikes that stay here cuz it's the best group of forum members around!