Saying goodbye to my FZ6...

Iron Cross

Reaction score
Visit site
Last week I said goodbye to my 2007 FZ6, after three years it looked completely different from when I had first gotten it, all because some people on here gave me lots of awful, expensive ideas....lol jk

But time to move on, got a 2012 Ninja 1000. Going with pretty much the opposite of what i did to my FZ, and touring it out to be a little more comfortable. Although, I'll definitely miss the style I put into my FZ.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats!
I really like the ninja, its on the top of my list. Seeing as I just paid the fz off, it sits just above the ninjaBlah

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Your the 2nd forum member that I know of that went to the Ninja 1000. Mrphotoman got the green. Congrats, I have to admit, it's a sharp looking ride.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations! That bike is always a contender for me as a future ride. :)

Iron Cross

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys! Unfortunately the weather here in the North East isn't quite cooperating with me, and winter is delaying my riding! :banghead: Nothing worse than a new toy you can't play with!

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Beautiful bike!

I share your pain on the northeast weather...I have been promised that spring is just around the corner!!

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys! Unfortunately the weather here in the North East isn't quite cooperating with me, and winter is delaying my riding! :banghead: Nothing worse than a new toy you can't play with!
The ghost of the FZ haunts your cold abandonment with icy cold weather that prevents riding its replacement :rolleyes:

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
I myself keep going back and forth between this and the FZ-09. I like the Z1000 because of the suspension but hate it because of the weight. I think I will still go with the FZ-09 as my next bike and just upgrade the suspension and perhaps a power commander. I think even with the money spent on upgraded suspension and the commander it will still come out to less than the Z1000. Both good bikes though.:rockon:

Flat_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I myself keep going back and forth between this and the FZ-09. I like the Z1000 because of the suspension but hate it because of the weight. I think I will still go with the FZ-09 as my next bike and just upgrade the suspension and perhaps a power commander. I think even with the money spent on upgraded suspension and the commander it will still come out to less than the Z1000. Both good bikes though.:rockon:

The FZ9 is sweet, but I like the fairings on the Z1000 more. I feel like the FZ9 doesn't look much different than my FZ6 with the naked kit on it.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations. Great looking Kawi but that exhaust is fuggly to say the least. Enjoy your new toy when you get some better weather.

mnuttall87

Reaction score
Visit site
wait, how and why was your kickstand on the right side????

I think the image is flipped. Notice that the white info sticker is also on that side of the bike, but not in the one where the kickstand is correctly on the left.

edit: added picture!
CnoXu2i.jpg

Last edited:

Iron Cross

Reaction score
Visit site
I was leaning heavy to the Z1000 too. That and the FZ09, Triumph Speed Triple etc....I REALLY like naked bikes (hence why I "streetfightered" my FZ6), but as a commuter, and someone who wants to go on longer more comfortable rides, they seemed more style over function. So I switched factions! (which is why my FZ haunts me) Already put hard bags, and small risers on it.

I'm mixed on the exhaust, I kiiiiinda like it....really I just like that it doesn't look like anything else.

And yes....I flipped the picture, so in the collage picture they would all be facing the same way. (OCD)

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
I think the image is flipped. Notice that the white info sticker is also on that side of the bike, but not in the one where the kickstand is correctly on the left.

edit: added picture!
CnoXu2i.jpg

good catch!! I figured it was a mirror image about a minute after I posted. :spank:

crofz

Reaction score
Visit site
In Europe this Ninja is called Z1000SX, originally it's big Zed with fairings...nice bike!
Congrats on new purchase :)