Good Jacket for a tall skinny guy

mdfb42

Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking for a good jacket (not a leather fan) with good protection at a decent price that would fit a tall skinny guy like me with long arms. I'm about 6'3 or 6'4, 190lbs, sleeve length is 37". I would appreciate any recommendations as I just bought my fizzer so it's time for a shopping spree to get outfitted and ready for spring

red_rock_beetle

Reaction score
Visit site
im not skinny, i wear a 2XL-T, but i am 6'4, i bought the Tourmaster air intake 2, and love it! its the only jacket that i own that isn't too short in the sleeves. they make a tall, its a bit more difficult to find tho, i got mine at revzilla.com

mdfb42

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, I am looking at an Alpinestars Force Textile Jacket right now. I saw ONE comment on a website I don't remember of a guy who said they ran a little small. Now I do not even know exactly how this jacket is supposed to fit so if I order the XL or the XXL I still wont know exactly what is too tight or too loose when I get it.

How is a warm weather jacket supposed to fit? I feel really dumb asking that.

And if anyone has an Alpinestars jacket, I would appreciate some input.

Thanks

Alpinestars Force Air Textile Jacket - Blue - BikerPerformance.com

EDIT: I am going to try the XXL I think, looked at a Northface Jacket I have that fits well and compared the North Face size chart to the Alpinestars size chart. I feel kinda smart, even though it wasn't that creative. I will definately post reviews once I get it so I can hopefully help some other poor soul who is lost like me.

Last edited:

wrlomas

Reaction score
Visit site
Howdy, I am 6'3" and I bought a tourmaster intake 2 jacket off the rack at a dealer. It is large, size 44. It fits me great. The jacket has 3 parts. Outer is a mesh jacket with armour, middle layer is a rain/wind jacket and then there is an insulated vest. It all zips and snaps together, it was a pain at first but now I've got it down. I love the versatility of having 1 jacket with all the options. Works great from 110 degrees down to 40. It is big enough that I can add a layer underneath if it's cold. 3 years of daily use and no problems at all. It was under 200 bucks. Highly recomended.

wrlomas

Reaction score
Visit site
im not skinny, i wear a 2XL-T, but i am 6'4, i bought the Tourmaster air intake 2, and love it! its the only jacket that i own that isn't too short in the sleeves. they make a tall, its a bit more difficult to find tho, i got mine at revzilla.com

I wrote my post before I read yours. Same jacket. Really like it.:rockon:

CBallman

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the same problem. i bought a jacket but its a little short . Im 6'4" and 165 lbs. I have been looking a long time and the best thing I've found is a guy who makes custom jackets and race suits in Minneapolis MN but the get spendy (around 400-500$) a little out of my range at the moment.:confused:

mdfb42

Reaction score
Visit site
Howdy, I am 6'3" and I bought a tourmaster intake 2 jacket off the rack at a dealer. It is large, size 44. It fits me great. The jacket has 3 parts. Outer is a mesh jacket with armour, middle layer is a rain/wind jacket and then there is an insulated vest. It all zips and snaps together, it was a pain at first but now I've got it down. I love the versatility of having 1 jacket with all the options. Works great from 110 degrees down to 40. It is big enough that I can add a layer underneath if it's cold. 3 years of daily use and no problems at all. It was under 200 bucks. Highly recomended.

Wish I saw your post earlier. Very nice jacket. Hopefully at the least this thread can help other tall skinny guys find a jacket

peteehoward

Reaction score
Visit site
I got a Scorpion Hat Trick for Christmas last year. I got a Large Tall with fit my tall skinny ass really well. The jacket seems to be made rather well and it has kept me warm on cold days and cool on hot days. It has 3 layers like the Tour Master Jacket. It has shoulder pads, elbow pads, and a back pad.

Link to Product