goo gone ?!

thirty_too

FZ6 Junkie
Reaction score
Visit site
anyone use Goo Gone on their bike to get ride of bugs and what not... im esp curious about the windshield... thanks for any help

jrf

Reaction score
Visit site
NOOOOOOOOOOOO:spank: Don't put Goo Gone on your wind shield:eek: From what someone posted it basically melted it.

The best way if have found to clean the windshield is a "plastic" spray on cleaner. It's a cleaner made for plastic I use it for my helmet faceshield also and it works great.

Hutchmaster34

Sparkie
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i honestly don't know but make damn sure you have an extremely clean towel cause i scratched the hell out of my windshield trying to get bug splats off :banghead: and just today i tried to use some plastic polish that said it takes out scratches but didn't help much

jrf

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I found the post and it was called Goo Off. not Gone but I would say that it would be close to the same type of stuff. I have 2 types of plastic cleaner, one that I use all the time on my windshield and faceshield, it is a spray on, but I can't remember the name I will check tommorow and post, but my dad got it when he had his Harley so I'm thinking it may be some sort of Harley type cleaner( He was like that, if it didn't say Harley he didn't like or mess with it :spank::rolleyes:)

The other type is more of a polish type and it is used to remove scratches. This stuff works thats all I know. My windsheild was a little scratched and kind of hazy. I put this stuff on and :eek: it looks pretty close to a new windshield.

I will post the names up tommorow.:thumbup:

mdr

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I found the post and it was called Goo Off. not Gone but I would say that it would be close to the same type of stuff. I have 2 types of plastic cleaner, one that I use all the time on my windshield and faceshield, it is a spray on, but I can't remember the name I will check tommorow and post, but my dad got it when he had his Harley so I'm thinking it may be some sort of Harley type cleaner( He was like that, if it didn't say Harley he didn't like or mess with it :spank::rolleyes:)

The other type is more of a polish type and it is used to remove scratches. This stuff works thats all I know. My windsheild was a little scratched and kind of hazy. I put this stuff on and :eek: it looks pretty close to a new windshield.

I will post the names up tommorow.:thumbup:

"Harley Wash" is ok for windshields. But how much do you really look thru it anyway? Now something that would take scratches out of my face shield I'd be interested in...

Hotei

jrf

Reaction score
Visit site
"Harley Wash" is ok for windshields. But how much do you really look thru it anyway? Now something that would take scratches out of my face shield I'd be interested in...

Hotei

I did try the stuff on an old helmet and it did take out alot off the scratches but it left alot of the deeper ones.

Nick J

Reaction score
Visit site
I use this stuff called Plexus. I use it with a static free cloth that I bought at Sam's club or Costco. They're yellow. I use it on my face shield and my plastic windshield and it works great. I think the static free cloth helps a lot, too.

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site

chokeslam512

Dental Floss Tycoon
Reaction score
Visit site
For face shield scratches I use a phone/ipod display poish called Displex. It works really well. Just remember to apply in small areas with a microfiber cloth and do not let it dry out.

kxb44

Reaction score
Visit site
Goo Gone works great for getting the residue from removing the tank sticker but I wouldn't use use it on the windshield. I use plexus and there is this recipe from CalSci:

Makes 1 quart = 1 liter windshield washing fluid

* 1/2 cup = 100ml ammonia (double this if you have a lot of bugs)
* 2 cups = 400ml isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol
* 1.5 tsp = 8ml car wash detergent (don't substitute dish soap or laundry detergent)
* 2 cups = 500ml water

squirly

Reaction score
Visit site
Plexis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! works on car radio screens cell phones and steroe reciver displays and my plastic coated glasses!!!! i live by this stuff and before u wash your screen on the bike use a hand towel get it wet with hot water and lay it over the screen to soak the bus do not rub then wash gentle and follow after with plexis

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Plexus, Meguiar's PlastX and the big gun being Novus (be careful which step you buy of this one!)

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Use gasoline (stupid joke). I just use regular car wash solution with a nice soft terry cloth. I have also polished a few fine scrathes out with a plastic cleaner.