Gone to Triumph

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, my FZ6 is no more. I bought a 2011 Triumph Street Triple yesterday. 5 minutes into the test ride I was grinning and knew I wanted it. It really does everything I want in a motorcycle. Light, torquey, agile and no wind buffeting. Even riding 70mph on the interstate was much quieter than the FZ6 and I felt very little air pressure. I was quite surprised.

The gearbox is amazing compared to the Yamaha. It just snicks into gear, none of the clunk\lunge when going into 1st with the FZ6. Twisty bits are so much easier as well. About the only thing the FZ6 does better is smoothing out rough spots on the highway but I do little of that type of riding.

So, thanks for all the entertainment and information. I expect to keep stopping by. But, the Street Triple is so much fun I keep babbling to anyone who will listen.

Tim

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats Tim, that's one of the few bikes to go "up" to from the FZ... and definitely stick around, we'll even let you babble about your Triple. ;)

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
Did you go with the basic model, or did you go with the R version? Congrats, BTW.... that one's on my short list for next bike.

The standard model. No one seems to have any R versions any more. The 2012 model, with the new\strange headlights should be here by Fall. I only weigh 160 and don't race so doubt the adjustable suspension and radial brakes would really be worth it. Also, the basic is usually $700 less than the R but I got it for $1,300 less.

The brakes have Daytona pads and braided steel hoses as is. They have more feel than the FZ6's and I did a panic stop test in a parking lot at about 20mph. I thought my eyeballs were going to come out. I have done the same practice many times but the power of the basic Street's brakes is pretty impressive.

Tim

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, my FZ6 is no more. I bought a 2011 Triumph Street Triple yesterday. 5 minutes into the test ride I was grinning and knew I wanted it. It really does everything I want in a motorcycle. Light, torquey, agile and no wind buffeting. Even riding 70mph on the interstate was much quieter than the FZ6 and I felt very little air pressure. I was quite surprised.

The gearbox is amazing compared to the Yamaha. It just snicks into gear, none of the clunk\lunge when going into 1st with the FZ6. Twisty bits are so much easier as well. About the only thing the FZ6 does better is smoothing out rough spots on the highway but I do little of that type of riding.

So, thanks for all the entertainment and information. I expect to keep stopping by. But, the Street Triple is so much fun I keep babbling to anyone who will listen.

Tim

Great bike, got the good headlights before 2012 bring the end of the earth (in the form of ugly ass headlights) but that's a weird looking header. And yeah, we all want one. Maybe not just one of them, but 90% of us would happily add it to our garage.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations Tim! :BLAA: YeeHaaa!!! Definitely stick with us on the forum! :rockon:

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice move. The triumphs are nice bikes, especially the speed/street triples. I recently moved on to a monster s2r 1000. It was a toss up between the DUCATI and speed triple. I liked the raw style of the monster a bit more. Have fun with the mods.