Gone naked!

not4us

Reaction score
Visit site
It's been 2 weeks since I got my 2006 FZ6S and the modding has already started!
I have done the naked conversion with the kit from dev_usc. I must say it was shipped pretty quickly (specially with the Xmas holidays in the way) and Vishnu was great to deal with. Highly recommended to anyone wanting to go naked.

Here are some before and after pics (I'll take some better ones tomorrow):
Before:

After:

Before:

After:

And one of the speedo view:
IMG_20120112_162631.jpg

You may have noticed I also put some Kawasaki Z750 mirrors in there. The ones in the kit were crappy and they are a "freebie" from Vishnu. He's looking at getting some better quality ones.

Another mode done recently is the shorty CNC levers that you can see on the pics.

Next is the R6 forks and calipers (already got the calipers, waiting on forks) and Goodridge braided lines (ordered, waiting on delivery).

Oh, and new tires too. Looks like I'll end up getting the Pirelli Diablo's for $349 fitted (if I take the wheels off) from Action Motorcycles.

By the way, since I've gone naked I'll be putting the fairing up for sale.
This is the normal S1 fairing PLUS a Powerbronze full fairing kit (will take some pictures tomorrow).
Anyone in Australia interested?

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Naked....its natural! He he he
Goodonyer

Sent from the phone: sorry 'bout my spileng, fat fingers...you know!

dev_usc

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Jorge.. I sencerely appreicate your feedbacks and thanks for sharing the new looks.. I am glad you liked the kit.. :cheer:

not4us

Reaction score
Visit site

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

not4us

Reaction score
Visit site
Cool conversion, I wouldn't know where to start in converting faired to naked :)
Thanks. It's a really easy process, specially if you have done it before.
I did my first Faired->Naked conversion when I was 16 on my Yamaha TZR80, "forced" after my first crash ;)

not4us

Reaction score
Visit site
Forks and calipers finally arrived this week!
Will have to wait for the weather to improve to get them fitted though as I have no garage/shed or undercover space and I do all my work on the street (one minor inconvenience of renting in Sydney's metro area).
I'll probably wait until the new tires arrive and do it all at once (forks, calipers, braided lines and while the fork is off get the wheels to the shop to have the tires changed).
I'll keep you all posted on the progress.

not4us

Reaction score
Visit site
The R6 front end and braided lines are done!
I posted a lengthy description of the swap on the Mods forum (http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/42639-r6-front-end-done.html) for you to see.
Weather permits I'll take some pictures this afternoon.

I'll put up another post to sell the replaced parts (swingarm, forks, calipers and lines) if anyone is interested.

not4us

Reaction score
Visit site
Notice much difference in the semi fairings to the naked on high speed?
Not much difference at all.
I never understood the point of sport screens on bikes with no clip-ons handlebars as you can't really "tuck in" so the semi fairings didn't do much for me at high speeds unless I positioned myself in a weird and uncomfortable position.

And I know it's a perception thing but the steering seems to be lighter without the fairings (even more so now that I have put the R6 forks on as the geometry is also changed).

All in all I couldn't be happier with the naked conversion.