Going Rate for an '07???

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay Gals and Guys I have got a hair brained idea....yeah, yeah, I know what else is new???

What do you think an '07 FZ6, bone stock (yes mods will be sold) with new tires, and 5,500 miles is worth? $4,700 to $5,000, or less?

The reason I ask is the bike I originally wanted 14 months ago is not only for sale now, but on sale. If you recall I wanted a Buell 1125R, okay I can hear the groans already...Wavex support me here brother.

There are two Buell dealers in Austin and both are selling them for $9999.00. Suggested retail is $11,995.00. The catch is they tack on $999.00 for prep, $300 in freight and $250 in paperwork. :rolleyes:

So they reduce it by $2000 and turn around and tack on $1,550.

I've not negotiated at all with them, only spoken with one, and if I do this deal I would want OTD at $10,000. Reason being I can buy a used one with 500 miles for $8,000 to $8,500 plus $600 in shipping.

Bottomline what is a going price of a well cared for '07???

As always any and all comments are welcome. :thumbup:

Oh, I'm only 50/50 on this deal, and if I do this I would wait until after the New Year.

Reaction score
Visit site
I think $5k would be a fair expectation from your point of view, considering it's trade in value also. When I bought my bike (an 07) from the dealership 2 1/2 months ago, they had a 07 used listed for $6k and it had 1000 miles....The BUELLS are great bikes man, from what I've seen. The whole fuel in the frame concept is freakin' cool....and the air intakes.....exhaust....just an awesome line of bikes :thumbup:

DonahuePhoto

Reaction score
Visit site
I put my stock 07 with sliders on craigslist back when it had 2k miles, and I got at least 2 offers a week around $4500 but turned em all down. I got an offer close to my asking price at $5250, but I couldn't bring myself to selling it.:D

If you do sell the bike, i'm interested in buying some of your aftermarket parts!

GO with the Buell!

A bike is just a bike, ride which one makes you happiest in the pants!:thumbup:

dobbeusaf

Reaction score
Visit site
I wouldn't go below $5,000. The 4700 is for a bike that is in fair condition and from what you describe your bike is not in the fair condition. You could sell it for 5500 if you wanted to. In Vegas these bikes are somewhat hard to find so you can get more for it. I went out of state and bought mine 2 weeks ago for $5,000 and thought I got a great deal. Try selling it on here or post on ebay, craigslist, or cycle trader. There are people like myself who are willing to buy the bike out of state and get it shipped versus buying from where they live. Good luck with the sale and hope you get that Buell.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would think that $5000 would be very fair especially given how well cared for your bike is. Go for what makes you happy! the 1125r is an amazing looking bike and one of my buddies has one and loves it! I am going to hit him up to let me ride it in the spring... I was always still so excited about my FZ that i never asked this year.

Keep us posted and stick around if you DO go with the buell.

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Via KBB.com:

2007 FZ-6 Suggested Retail Price: $5545

That's assuming that it is in dealer selling condition and has 7400 miles. Your bike has less miles, but it says "Overall condition factors will have a much greater impact on a unit's value than actual mileage." So, I would think a dealer would probably ask around $5600-$5700 or something for your bike, based on this and that your bike has less miles and in great condition. (if they went by this blue book)

2007 FZ-6 Trade-In Value (Good Condition): $3815

So that's a difference of $1730 between Suggested Retail Price and Trade-In. So, you figure the dealer recieves a trade in, puts new tires on it and changes the oil, at their cost, they probably put, lets say $230 into the bike. That gives a $1500 mark up for profit. You can talk them down some, but they're going to want to make at least $1000 on the bike so a couple hundred can go to the salesman, and the rest to the dealer. That puts the price right around $5k for what you can get it at, so that's probably right around what someone private with a nice bike would sell it at.

I wouldn't go below $5k if it were me. But who knows, I might be crazy.

Shafe716

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought mine back in July and it was $5999 pre-tax and other DMV bullshiat. That was brand spanking new with 0 miles on it, so I'd say ask 5,500 go as low as 5,000 but no lower.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got my '07, 1,400 miles, in July '07 for $5,500. The original owner's wife told him he didn't like it, he was so angry/disappointed he put a rather low price on it and I happened to see it first. :) Good luck on your purchase!

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay Gals and Guys I have got a hair brained idea....yeah, yeah, I know what else is new???

The reason I ask is the bike I originally wanted 14 months ago is not only for sale now, but on sale. If you recall I wanted a Buell 1125R, okay I can hear the groans already...Wavex support me here brother.
Nothing hair-brained about wanting a new bike. The Buell 1125R is pretty sweet. I'd consider one seriously if I had unlimited funds - hey, wait, aren't you presently unemployed? :)

There are two Buell dealers in Austin and both are selling them for $9999.00. Suggested retail is $11,995.00. The catch is they tack on $999.00 for prep, $300 in freight and $250 in paperwork. :rolleyes:

$999 for set-up? Does it come COMPLETELY disassembled? Tell 'em to put the crate in your truck, you could probably assemble it in an hour or two.

As always any and all comments are welcome. :thumbup:

You will get a RED one, right?
6022d1216832704-buell-does-wavex-buell-1125r.jpg

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
I think that $5,000 for the bike is a fair price. Understand that Winter's coming up, people aren't really looking too much for a bike. I dunno, maybe they would in Texas where it's warmer. I could be wrong.

However, if you want the Buell, talk to the Harley dealership and see what they will do for you deal-wise. Of course, they definitely want to make a profit on their bikes, but you'd be surprised on how much they will actually deal with you. My '06 Buell XB9SX (with less than 7,500 miles) was going for around $6,500 at the local Harley dealership. I offered them my '06 FZ6 and $1,500 out the door. They took it. After looking at the paperwork, after tax, title, and other fees, the total sale came to around $7,200, give or take. All in all, they bought my FZ6 from me for $5,700. Who knows, maybe you can get a similar deal. :thumbup:

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Buell's are pretty nice! :thumbup:

I picked up my '07 FZ6 in early October for $5385 (not including tax, title and license transfer fee). It had a mere 1500 miles on it and was stock.

Make sure that you show us your new baby!

FZ6771

Reaction score
Visit site
I purchased a super clean 07 FZ6 with 1250 miles for $4700 + $2000 in accessories. I sold my 07 Buell XB12X ,If I were you I would forget about the buell .

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
What do you think an '07 FZ6, bone stock (yes mods will be sold) with new tires, and 5,500 miles is worth? $4,700 to $5,000, or less?

I'd say at least $5k since it's in mint condition right?

Did you ride the 1125R? If you do a lot of city riding, don't be surprised if the bike burns your inner legs... I heard last week at the track that it gets insanely hot on the track as well... so as long as you are OK with that, the rotax engine is AMAZING! I've said it in another thread already, but the 1125 engine really impressed me, and the bike's ergos are great considering it's an SS bike...

In my experience with the Harley dealer, they were not open to negotiation -at all-, but that's probably because their XB line is really successful, and not their 1125 line... so while they were not getting enough of the XBs from Buell, they were actually trying to get rid of their 1125s as they had too many...

Anyway, good luck and let us know how it goes!