Going Naked...05

p-dawger

Reaction score
Visit site
So after 10k miles my bike needs a little something something...so naked it is.

Couple questions - I am going with the dev kit - I hear it is pretty much plug and play which is good. I have just got some of the euro yamaha turn signals (LED) will these mount on the side of the light?

My biggest concern is the hole in the frame where the fairings mount on the top - is there some type of plug for these that would match my silver frame?

Or the other option is the TCP radiator cover - would that cover the holes? It is hard to tell from the pics from the TCP site or it is just the regular fairing covering it.

Also is this a kit with instructions?

Thanks -

thethendi

Reaction score
Visit site
I think you probably need some turn signal adapters to use LED lights. You can also just use two washers on each side to hold the aftermarket signals in place (which is what I wound up doing).

I've seen people cover up the fairing holes with flush mount signals, or use that space to mount a horn when they took off the fairings. I didn't feel like messing with it, so I just put the two fairing bolts back in place just to cover up one of the holes on each side. The TCP radiator cover probably won't cover up these holes, since they they seem to be designed to work with the stock fairings.

The kit did come with instructions on how to mount everything. You should have a look at this thread though, which describes a few modifications to the kit using a few washers (as spacers) to eliminate a bit of vibration: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-...z16-headlight-installation-modifications.html

Also, you should have a way of fixing the high/low beam switching. If you have already done the BD43 headlight mod, you should be OK; otherwise, I think Motogiro sells a relay that should take care of this for you.

thethendi

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh wait...are you talking about the turn signals that mount inside the corner of the original headlights?

I have no idea how those will fit (or look for that matter), but if you can get them to work somehow, it might be kind of cool.

dev_usc

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yes the kit has very detailed instructions.. also you have my cellphone number call me anytime and I will walk you through if you get stuck...

If the signals you bought are oem Yamaha and have installation connection like stock signals they will work directly with my kit...

For the two holes in the frame on right and left side you can do something like this...
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/36481-fairing-bracket-plate.html
or this
deprettomoto.com - Item details specifici for bike YAMAHA - FZ6 600 04/07 - Horn kit