Going for a Mt Rainier trip, care to join?

jazzpaintball

Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking at a ride starting in the lower Seattle/Tacoma area and following through Buckley, up through the north side of Mt Rainier and then down and through looping through pierce county (Elbe, Eatonville, etc). I have the week off and can do this any day from tomorrow through Saturday (possibly Sunday, plans are still unsure).

I want to take advantage of the nice weather, and this seems like a nice decent length run.

Let me know, will set it up asap and will even do a "practice" run to see how it works out for mileage and time.

hope to see some people join me :D

Will be meeting up at 10:00 AM on Saturday at the Auburn Walmart parkinglot

message for any more questions

Last edited:

jmerch44

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm down if you go sat. I'll be riding two up with my wife. Might be able to bring some friends along too.

jazzpaintball

Reaction score
Visit site
that sounds good.

I plan for this to be a nice paced ride ( a little fast through the twists, but nothing insane nor 10 below the speed limit everywhere)

two up will be fine and i plan on taking a few breaks here and there for pictures and to stretch.

Due to scheduals for the average person, i am thinking this run will best be suited for Saturday.

I am thinking about doing a "test run" to get a feel for the time and length of the run. Will be tomorrow or Friday. If anyone has a day off and would like to join, let me know.

Thanks guys, hopefully we can get a decent run going.

Spideyrex

Reaction score
Visit site
Have a good ride guys. I don't think I can make, but I was there last week and it was spectacular! Word of warning for riders from Seattle and north, the 405 was shut down to one lane northbound last weekend. I went home via a 5 but had to crawl at 10mpd for miles. If you guys start and finish in Tacoma, it should be no problem.

jazzpaintball

Reaction score
Visit site
Have a good ride guys. I don't think I can make, but I was there last week and it was spectacular! Word of warning for riders from Seattle and north, the 405 was shut down to one lane northbound last weekend. I went home via a 5 but had to crawl at 10mpd for miles. If you guys start and finish in Tacoma, it should be no problem.

thank you for the tip, Always good to know for anyone thinking of joining from the greater seattle area

Iethius

Who?
Reaction score
Visit site
I am interested in going, I have made that run several times in a convertable, but not on my FZ6,where and when is everyone meeting? Also, I heard a rumor at work that the backside of Rainier was closed for repairs to the road. Can anyone confirm of debunk this info?If you made a test run you should know huh?

Spideyrex

Reaction score
Visit site
I rode through Enumclaw on 164 (I think) to 410 up to Cayuse Pass (right before Chinook Pass) and everything was open, with tons of people going up and down 123. Nothing looked closed to me. This was on Sunday.

jazzpaintball

Reaction score
Visit site
I am interested in going, I have made that run several times in a convertable, but not on my FZ6,where and when is everyone meeting? Also, I heard a rumor at work that the backside of Rainier was closed for repairs to the road. Can anyone confirm of debunk this info?If you made a test run you should know huh?

I will check tomorrow just to be sure, and i will also find out on my practice run.

as far as the meeting place; it seems like most of the people saying that they are going are of part of the tacoma area and the route will be starting in mostly in Enumclaw, thusly we should probably meet up at the super-mall in Auburn and start of the trip on hi-way 164 heading towards Enumclaw.

Let me know if this works out for you guys

And again, feel free to let me know if you would like to join, i will have a time set by friday

jazzpaintball

Reaction score
Visit site
now, before i invite someone, i have to know if it is ok with the people riding and your opinions on the situation. I have a father-in-law that would not mind coming with us, but he does not ride. He would like to come with in a 1975 Porsche 911 Carrera. I will leave it up to you guys, let me know yay or nay.

Iethius

Who?
Reaction score
Visit site
Fuel is the only concern. Are you oming along? if so thats awsome.

I am planning to go if the weather is at least OK, I am not much for riding in the rain. Cold and overcast I don't mind. I am looking forward to meeting other FZ6 riders, I don't know any yet.

Last edited:

jazzpaintball

Reaction score
Visit site
Fuel is the only concern. Are you oming along? if so thats awsome.

I am planning to go if the weather is at least OK, I am not much for riding in the rain. Cold and overcast I don't mind. I am looking forward to meeting other FZ6 riders, I don't know any yet.

Well just to let potential riders know, as of 3 minutes ago, we are expecting 65-72 degrees in the cascades with no wind and only a 2% chance of precipitation.

jazzpaintball

Reaction score
Visit site
WEATHER UPDATE:

Currently, in the Mt Rainier Park, the weather forecast for tomorrow is 55-60 degrees, partly cloudy, and only a 10% chance of precipitation.

In other words, It looks like it is going to be a great ride :D

jazzpaintball

Reaction score
Visit site
Well i got 4 people for this ride so far, i am hoping for more. If anyone else wants to join, do not be hesitant to send a message. We will be heading out of Auburn at 10:15. Hope to see about 5-15 people tomorrow.

And again, thanks for everyone who comes :rockon: